Free Agency Frenzy

Corp000085

If Darcy doesn't pull the trigger, there are going to be 100,000 Sabres fans telling the entire FO to :censored:

What if Darcy did pull the trigger and the goalie said no thanks? Then what? that was my point ... it's not an attractive spot, it's not as easy as calling and offering money in this case.

That's classic Darcy... wait until all the excitement is over and the dust has settled. Then, when there are only 2 or 3 free agents left, demand drops and you can get "trash" for a reasonable price. We're going to wait until every other team has a back-up goalie, and see what's left.

I once fond a real nice used lamp in the trash...so i get what darcy is doing here :wallbash:

If Darcy doesn't pull the trigger, there are going to be 100,000 Sabres fans telling the entire FO to :censored:

You must not spend much time here, most would just defend the front office for not picking him up and find some kind of stat that can make them feel better for not bringing him back

OK, so here's a list of goalies that as far as I know are still out there. I didn't put the ones that got snapped up. But looks like there still might be a few capable guys out there.

Jean-Sebastien Aubin (ANA)

Fred Brathwaite (ATL)

Johan Hedberg (ATL)

Alex Auld (BOS)

John Grahame (CAR)

Michael Leighton (CAR)

Wade Flaherty (CHI)

Patrick Lalime (CHI)

Johan Holmqvist (DAL)

Adam Berkhoel (DET)

Yann Danis (MTL)

Frank Doyle (NJ)

Wade Dubielewicz (NYI)

Mike Morrison (NYI)

Stephen Valiquette (NYR)

Ray Emery (OTT)

David Aebischer (PHX)

Juuso Riksman (STL)

Marc Denis (TB)

Curtis Sanford (VAN)

Frederic Cassivi (WSH)

Olaf Kolzig (WSH)

Aubin, Hedberg, Aebischer, Denis, etc. A few guys never really seen play at all. Emery not so hot on just cause. But, I think there's still some guys we could get to play 20-25 games.

OK, so here's a list of goalies that as far as I know are still out there. I didn't put the ones that got snapped up. But looks like there still might be a few capable guys out there.

Jean-Sebastien Aubin (ANA)

Fred Brathwaite (ATL)

Johan Hedberg (ATL)

Alex Auld (BOS)

John Grahame (CAR)

Michael Leighton (CAR)

Wade Flaherty (CHI)

Patrick Lalime (CHI)

Johan Holmqvist (DAL)

Adam Berkhoel (DET)

Yann Danis (MTL)

Frank Doyle (NJ)

Wade Dubielewicz (NYI)

Mike Morrison (NYI)

Stephen Valiquette (NYR)

Ray Emery (OTT)

David Aebischer (PHX)

Juuso Riksman (STL)

Marc Denis (TB)

Curtis Sanford (VAN)

Frederic Cassivi (WSH)

Olaf Kolzig (WSH)

Aubin, Hedberg, Aebischer, Denis, etc. A few guys never really seen play at all. Emery not so hot on just cause. But, I think there's still some guys we could get to play 20-25 games.

I'd like to get Sanford. Or Aubin. And Graham and Dubie went to Russia.

Tampa Bay signs UFA forward Adam Hall to a 3 year deal worth $1.8-million

My God, they are on fire right now. Having 3 guys coming from the same team should alleviate any chemisty concerns. It would be so much worse if all the players were coming from different teams. I still think their D is suspect though.

TSN:

Chicago signs UFA goaltender Cristobal Huet $5.625 per, 4 years

Florida signs UFA forward Cory Stillman to a 3 year deal worth $10.6-million

NY Rangers sign UFA forward Aaron Voros (undisclosed)

Pittsburgh signs UFA forward Eric Godard (undisclosed)

Archived