Free Agency Frenzy

Corp000085

Ek fever...this is NUTS

According to a Source the asking price for Brian Campbell is beyond 70

million bucks. Teams with less than 70 need not apply. Also, Blackhawks

in on Campbell (e3)

GR reporting Campbell is around 60 million for a 7 or 8 year deal, Atlanta interested, that's 7.5 to 8.5 per year. Boy, that's a lot cheaper than 18 for 3. NOT!

He's not gonna want to be a back-up. I don't know where he'd start, though... :ph34r:

But he's gonna at least want starter's money. I'm expecting 2-3M for him.

Detroit signs UFA G Ty Conklin to a 1 year deal worth $750,000.

Now Detroit's got Osgood and Conks for under 2.5 mill, for bo fuvem!

Montreal Canadiens agree to terms with restricted free agent Andrei Kostitsyn. Sources say it's a three year deal worth $3.25 million per year. Also, Detroit signs goalie Ty Conklin to a one year deal at $750,000. Details to follow

PER TSN

Edit: dammit im late

All those guys are going places where there is way more playing time available than there is in Buffalo ... tough to sell a guy on 25 games which could turn into 10 if he starts slow and Lindy loses faith in him ... Just sayin', if I was Conks I would take my chances battling old man Osgood too.

Ray Emery is still available.

I think he is going to be a tough sell to any team right now given his reputation in Ottawa

Its not looking good for him and he might have to take a serious pay cut, or will be waiting for a desperate team to take a chance on him if their #1 goes down with an injury early

All those guys are going places where there is way more playing time available than there is in Buffalo ... tough to sell a guy on 25 games which could turn into 10 if he starts slow and Lindy loses faith in him ... Just sayin', if I was Conks I would take my chances battling old man Osgood too.

You have to be correct in your logic. I can't believe Darcy wouldn't consider offering $750,000 for Conklin knowing the shoddy situation we have here.

You have to be correct in your logic. I can't believe Darcy wouldn't consider offering $750,000 for Conklin knowing the shoddy situation we have here.

What are the odds Darcy did make an offer and Conks told him to :censored: off?

Anybody getting the feeling that we may not sign a veteran back-up at this point? Not sure who is really left. Auld. Tick tock.

That's classic Darcy... wait until all the excitement is over and the dust has settled. Then, when there are only 2 or 3 free agents left, demand drops and you can get "trash" for a reasonable price. We're going to wait until every other team has a back-up goalie, and see what's left.

Archived