2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Thought that was their best game of the playoffs.

They just allowed nothing, which is unusual, but it was the first time they looked dangerous in offence.

It’s remarkable how much - in just a year - Tocchet has transformed the way they play.

Weren't we Poo Pooing tocchet around here before they hired Krueger or Housley?

I may be misremembering 

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I may be misremembering 

Every good coach or player has been poo-pooed around here.

😂

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, bunomatic said:

I would take JT Miller on this team.

He called himself out on being responsible for them giving up the GWG in the game prior.  He went out and got it done. That's being accountable, first to yourself, then to your teammates. Something this team needs to learn.

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I may be misremembering 

I'll give him some credit for Vancouver right now. He needs to sustain it a bit before I go all in. At the time Tocchet hadn't proven much of anything as a coach.

• 2008-2010 (Tampa) - 53-69-26 overall, no playoffs
  • 2017-2021 (Arizona) - 125-131-26 overall, 1 playoff appearance during COVID when they finished 5th in the Pacific. 

This year the team is killing it, no doubt.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I may be misremembering 

Some people did. Some people were really anti Tochet, almost like the anti Torts crowd. I wonder if the Flyers (who tend to be a little incestuous) wish they'd hired him. 

Coaching makes a huge difference (look how Cassidy somehow got Eichel to play 2 way hockey!) but Vancouver also made huge roster additions. Their big Swedish star has actually been pretty crap in the playoffs. Hopefully KA realizes this and isn't just going to think hiring Ruff was enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Some people did. Some people were really anti Tochet, almost like the anti Torts crowd. I wonder if the Flyers (who tend to be a little incestuous) wish they'd hired him. 

Coaching makes a huge difference (look how Cassidy somehow got Eichel to play 2 way hockey!) but Vancouver also made huge roster additions. Their big Swedish star has actually been pretty crap in the playoffs. Hopefully KA realizes this and isn't just going to think hiring Ruff was enough. 

Thorny has proven Eichel was better defensively here than the general perception but I’d certainly say he wasn’t anywhere near as consistent and focused on his two way game until Cassidy took over the Knights.

It’s always fascinating how there is little in way to predict which players will be “playoff players” and which won’t. Size and skill seem almost meaningless in the odds. A larger player can be a great regular season player but fold in the playoffs like a paper airplane while a small speedster could suddenly elevate himself to a playoff star. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ... said:

Second Avs game in a row I noticed super short shifts for Mitts line. And tonight his line was pretty soft.

Mitts himself now looks hurt; he looked lame on the last shift he had in OT and looks hobbled.

• Like (+1) 1