2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Carolina looks like @ss, and how is their PP so freaking bad, no movement at all. 

Glad they came back, can’t stand the ***** Rangers! Can someone tell me why no one hits the Panarian? It’s like Patrick Kane, nobody would hit the guy. Gee, it’s the playoffs lay this ***** out!

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

So does everyone else outside of Beantown. ***** them. 

Sorry but if you watch any of their road games you will see they have the largest fan contingent at games of any NHL team (aside from when Leaf or Hab fans attend Sabres games. 

I even run into Bruins fans out here in BC all the time and they are public enemy number one after the 2011 cup. I have yet to see a Sabres jersey anywhere in the lower mainland. . maybe they are hiding. 

24 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

I dated some chick known as Hot Box.

We're going way off the rails here. But I went to school and worked with a girl named Kelley Fox. And I feel bad saying this, because we are good friends, but she was called Smelley Box. 

I'm such an ass, lol

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sorry but if you watch any of their road games you will see they have the largest fan contingent at games of any NHL team (aside from when Leaf or Hab fans attend Sabres games. 

I even run into Bruins fans out here in BC all the time and they are public enemy number one after the 2011 cup. I have yet to see a Sabres jersey anywhere in the lower mainland. . maybe they are hiding. 

And they're also one of the mosted hated teams in the NHL. The only reason they show well is because they're an original 6 team. Same goes for Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto and the Rangers. People had very few choices. Rangers fans are close to outnumbering Canes fans in Carolina. 

C-ya Colorado. They got some hard ***** to overcome. If Dallas wins the Cup, I'll barf. Lindy couldn't make it happen there with a very talented team. Did Adams really do any research when he said we wanna keep Appert in Rochester and we're gonna hire a head coach with NHL experience. 24 hours later Lindy Ruff is hired and a few days later they promote Appert. Smh

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Wish he was 

Kid is tough as nails. I would also love Sam Bennett. The interview he did with TNT after the game yesterday was great. I wish they would've picked up Buffalo native Miles Wood, but apparently he's too tough for what the Sabres are looking for. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Kid is tough as nails. I would also love Sam Bennett. The interview he did with TNT after the game yesterday was great. I wish they would've picked up Buffalo native Miles Wood, but apparently he's too tough for what the Sabres are looking for. 

Miles Wood got an albatross of a contract for a guy in his position; I liked him in NJ but the contract he got was absurd

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Miles Wood got an albatross of a contract for a guy in his position; I liked him in NJ but the contract he got was absurd

I don't know the details of his contract, but I do like his game. He is the type of player the Sabres could use. There is just no toughness throughout the organization. Anton Wahlberg looks like he could be the real deal, but he needs a few years.

Edited by Claude Balls

32 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I wish we had that guy who scored for the Avs tonight.... what's his name again?

He'd be a great 3C.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

And they're also one of the mosted hated teams in the NHL. The only reason they show well is because they're an original 6 team. Same goes for Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto and the Rangers. People had very few choices. Rangers fans are close to outnumbering Canes fans in Carolina. 

I don't think so. The original 6 has impact compared to newer teams but I don't see many Detroit, Chicago or Rags jerseys either. Philly has some fans around here for god knows what reason and the Canadian vs. USA thing is real so there's some Calgary and Edmonton as well as the sea of Canucks.

A few years back I was talking to a guy who owns a sports collectibles store here and he said Bruins stuff always sells. 

Hated by many no doubt that's true but as was said earlier or in another thread, success leads to hate from other fan bases. 

All I know is October to April I'm a Sabres fan but every year all I have left in May (and occasionally June) is the Bruins. That's the Sabres fault not the Bruins.

25 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Love it when D’Angelo was yelling at him, probably calling him 4th line garbage player. I don’t want to see any of our former Sabres win a cup with another organization. 

Too late. 

6 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Love it when D’Angelo was yelling at him, probably calling him 4th line garbage player. I don’t want to see any of our former Sabres win a cup with another organization. 

So you want the league to fold? Cuz the Sabres are the NHL development team. 

10 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Colorado looks like the Sabres on a random day game.

The Stars are taking it to them, giving them no room, sound positionally, and stick checking/stealing the puck at every opportunity.  I don't see it as Colorado not playing well as much as Dallas is more diligent in seizing the initiative.

Edit:  I think there's a lesson there for the Sabres. 

Edited by Doohickie

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

With good reason. How many videos of Marchand (who I like) have we seen over the years “getting away with something”?… a lot! And that hit that “set the tone” of the last game, was way worse than the hit that got Aaron Rome suspended for the rest of the Stanley Cup finals.

I love when they get beat with their own game.

• Like (+1) 2

Funny to think now that we got one Sam and could have drafted the other Sam instead, and now both are on Florida. I still think that even now we made the right choice but SB would sure look good in a Sabre uniform. 

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Like (+1) 1