Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

16 hours ago, seer775 said:

... and they aren't getting better.

This is a premature statement.  It may prove accurate but the offseason hasn't really begun yet.  See what happens over the summer.

15 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Maybe at the bar with Donny and Ralph.  

fify

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I said it last summer and I will say it now, KO & Girgs were a waste of two roster spots and $5mil in cap space.  Now the question is, who does Adam bring in(and hopefully not promote from within) to replace them. 

I still don’t feel they were a waste, overpaid, sure but both still contributed positively to the team. 

I don't think people realize just how horrible a job Granato and his staff did last season when you look at the other coaches who got sacked for poor results. All of the other guys essentially got sunk by terrible goaltending while Granato got very good goaltending with UPL playing close to Vezina level from January on. When you fail miserably with solid goaltending that's as inexcusable and awful a failure as possible. If there was an Anti-Jack Adams award he would deserve to win it unanimously.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2024 at 8:30 PM, shrader said:

I’ll believe it when I see it… especially since the link says he MIGHT move on. 

This is exactly right.

Both are going to test the FA market, which does not mean they will be leaving the Sabres.  Although, I do think that VO said he planned to play in Europe.  That would be very likely, I think.  Maybe Girgs too.