NHL Playoffs (First Round) discussion

SwampD

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bruins doing their frequent post season choke. 

I don't mind them losing but to the Leafs? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. 

I hate the Leafs more than anybody. 

At this point, if the Laughs lose, it will be anticlimactic because this series is so God-awful. 

If they make it into the next round, Toronto fans will get all high on themselves only to witness their team get summarily crushed by the Panthers. That might be worth the cost of admission.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ... said:

At this point, if the Laughs lose, it will be anticlimactic because this series is so God-awful. 

If they make it into the next round, Toronto fans will get all high on themselves only to witness their team get summarily crushed by the Panthers. That might be worth the cost of admission.

200w(22)(1).gif.de6c2fb439d2b713818913b72f0ee60c.gif

50 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bruins doing their frequent post season choke. 

I don't mind them losing but to the Leafs? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. 

I hate the Leafs more than anybody. 

Me too.  

Boston is choking this series up.  That bartender in New England was right. 

Edited by Pimlach

LMAO at the Bruins. Gonna blow 3-1 leads in consecutive years from the looks of it. Methinks they’ll be grippin’ the twigs a wee bit tightly in game seven. 

Lmao, Bruins about to make history again. I couldn't be happier, especially after hearing Jack Edward's call the ref that got carried off the ice on a stretcher 3 weeks ago a coward. Guy has absolutely no class at all. Eat 💩 Boston.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

LMAO at the Bruins. Gonna blow 3-1 leads in consecutive years from the looks of it. Methinks they’ll be grippin’ the twigs a wee bit tightly in game seven. 

And Matthews should be back I would think. Last year is still in Bostons heads. 

And how is one Nylander so good and the other one a turd?

Edited by Claude Balls

Leafs looked very good tonight. I didn’t know they were this physical. And Woll played really well.

Coyle, Marchand, and Pasta were kind of invisible. Don’t expect that to be the case in G7.

Edited by Slack_in_MA

13 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Lmao, Bruins about to make history again. I couldn't be happier, especially after hearing Jack Edward's call the ref that got carried off the ice on a stretcher 3 weeks ago a coward. Guy has absolutely no class at all. Eat 💩 Boston.

Tonight was his last broadcast. He’s done, which is good because he’s been especially hard to listen to for a year now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

And Matthews should be back I would think. Last year is still in Bostons heads. 

And how is one Nylander so good and the other one a turd?

That’s a great question for Keith Gretzky.

• Haha (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Boston does not look good. 

There's a part of me that keeps thinking that after Florida beat out Tampa some of the Bruins decided oh hell no, I don't want to play in round 2. 

I think the Bruins lose now and lose big. It'll be like the cup final against St. Louis. Blown out at home and maybe this will signal the final end of an era that has so far refused to die but has to eventually, and then the opportunity for the Sabres to seize the opening will be there and it's their's for the taking.

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s a great question for Keith Gretzky.

I don't remember exactly but wasn't Keith even smaller than Wayne and so although he put up points in junior he just couldn't get it done in the NHL. I wonder if he'd have been able to play in this league now? 

Just finished the Leafs / Bruins game.  Loving how this series is playing out.  If Toronto wins, it’s an epic meltdown for the Bruins….again, for my least favorite sports fans.  Would love to see that.  If Boston wins, the Leaf fans will have their hearts ripped out of their chests.  Much more painful than losing 4-1.  And then Boston gets smoked in round two.  Win-win.  

• Agree 1

I guess I am just getting terribly cynical in my old age but I figured the NHL would love nothing more then a game 7 Saturday night in prime time TV. Funny Sabres get completely trashed any time they look "uninterested" or "not ready" yet that is exactly how the B's have looked the past 2 games. Leafs were in a win-win as if they lost they would just blame injuries to Nylander then Mathews and that took the pressure off of them. This may save that lousy coach's job they have... 

55 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I guess I am just getting terribly cynical in my old age but I figured the NHL would love nothing more then a game 7 Saturday night in prime time TV. Funny Sabres get completely trashed any time they look "uninterested" or "not ready" yet that is exactly how the B's have looked the past 2 games. Leafs were in a win-win as if they lost they would just blame injuries to Nylander then Mathews and that took the pressure off of them. This may save that lousy coach's job they have... 

Nice comparison. These teams play in the playoffs while the Sabres do not

• Haha (+1) 1