NHL Playoffs (First Round) discussion

SwampD

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

MITTS with his first SC Playoff Goal 

He wasn't very good in the game though until right near the end when he did score. Winnipeg dominated that game in places. 

Vancouver Nashville game was really good. ROR loving hockey. 

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

Where can the Sabres buy 2 or 3 Dakota Joshua’s? 

Ya, he was pretty darn good. 

I had no idea Vancouver and Nashville were the two hit leaders for the season. Nashville didn't surprise me but had no idea Vancouver had moved that far in that direction. Something to be learned there Sabres. 

• Disagree 1

Have to wonder about Colorado...they were beat 7-0 by the jets in their 2nd last game of regular season and then had a 3-0 lead on Vegas to lose 4-3...now they score 6 but allow7? Not exactly the greatest defensive system.  

Washington look so slow and just not very good...pretty sure the Sabres would put on a better show then that.  

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He wasn't very good in the game though until right near the end when he did score. Winnipeg dominated that game in places. 

I had no idea Vancouver and Nashville were the two hit leaders for the season. Nashville didn't surprise me but had no idea Vancouver had moved that far in that direction. Something to be learned there Sabres. 

And by Sabres you mean Adams because I don’t see many of the current lot laying out anyone ever.  Clifton, Benson (sad), sometimes Cozens, super infrequently Samuelsson who seemingly can’t play that way without breaking himself.  That’s about it.  Novikov is on the way but he’s probably a season away.  Adams needs to bring in 3-4 guys that’ll smack ya.  I know I’m hoping for a miracle here. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Why do so many people on here dislike the Rangers? 

Because they're from NYC, and NYC is trash. 

Greatest city in the world my @ss😝

But for real, it's because NY in all sports has the ability to get any player, because money, the city life,etc. They're always a destination and the fans are insufferable 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Avs dominated almost the entire game what were you watching lol 

they lost cause Georgiev couldn’t stop a beach ball

2 hours ago, inkman said:

And by Sabres you mean Adams because I don’t see many of the current lot laying out anyone ever.  Clifton, Benson (sad), sometimes Cozens, super infrequently Samuelsson who seemingly can’t play that way without breaking himself.  That’s about it.  Novikov is on the way but he’s probably a season away.  Adams needs to bring in 3-4 guys that’ll smack ya.  I know I’m hoping for a miracle here. 

Canucks were a disorganized, low-morale team with a handful of high-end pieces who went from 83 points to 109.

They did it by:

• adding a good puck-moving defenceman for their 2nd-line centre
  • replacing their player-friendly coach with an old-school structure guy
  • turning over the bottom half of their roster for harder-to-play-against types

I mean their success has lot to do with their best guys having career years, but the Sabres have those kind of players too.

Make it happen.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

just watched the Avs - Peg  highlights. 

Well executed white out, but they wore road team colors. 

Mitts with a dirty goal.  

I honestly cannot see our team not being embarrassed in a game like this one.  These games are at a level our boys have not seen yet, even our veteran players.  

2 hours ago, inkman said:

With Love Pointing GIF by Amazon Prime Video

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

just watched the Avs - Peg  highlights. 

Well executed white out, but they wore road team colors. 

Mitts with a dirty goal.  

I honestly cannot see our team not being embarrassed in a game like this one.  These games are at a level our boys have not seen yet, even our veteran players.  

it was dumb to switch to home team wearing colors instead of whites. The original reason was to see the different colors of each team when you play them at home....now it's road teams wearing white. it needs to go back

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

59 minutes ago, nucci said:

it was dumb to switch to home team wearing colors instead of whites. The original reason was to see the different colors of each team when you play them at home....now it's road teams wearing white. it needs to go back

Agree.  And I like white jerseys better anyway.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

I meant the entire organization from Pegula on down but yes, absolutely, Adams has to address this. The coach would be the starting point. 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Avs dominated almost the entire game what were you watching lol 

they lost cause Georgiev couldn’t stop a beach ball

Depends what you mean by dominated. They had the puck more, as expected, but in terms of high danger chances, they were far from dominant. Winnipeg is a defensive counter punch team and they played their game well.