Devon Levi returned to Amerks

Brawndo

I suspect that once the Sabres are mathematically eliminated, Levi will return to Rochester for the remainder of the season, for development, playing time, and playoff experience.  Until that time, he'll yo-yo between BUF and ROC based on the schedule. 

11 minutes ago, Demoted said:

Every year the Rochester team becomes more popular than the Sabres.

They win, they’re tough (they could be tougher but they are the Broad Street Bullies compared to the Sabres) and they are loaded with prospects.  

Did he have to go back to Rochester to gain eligibility for the playoffs? Does anyone know the actual rule as he did not start the season in the AHL. I know in the stat sheet he is a little short of qualified. "Goalies must have 1260 minutes to be considered qualified" That number goes up a time goes on. Does anyone know if it has anything to do with eligibility? He currently has 1142 min played so 2 full games away from being qualified. He did hit the number just before being called up but it has gone up since then.

6 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

The Amerks play tonight, the Sabres don't play again until Friday. He can start and be backup for each, respectively.

Yes. But there's a limit to moves. We might be down to 4. Curious to see if Kulich gets a couple games.

5 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The right move.  Rochester is fighting for their lives and he will help immensely.  Plus valuable playoff experience.  It doesn't matter if Comrie goes in anymore. 

"Playing for their lives" is a bit dramatic. They are comfortably in a playoff spot. But #2 and #1 conference seeds are in play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jorcus said:

Did he have to go back to Rochester to gain eligibility for the playoffs? Does anyone know the actual rule as he did not start the season in the AHL. I know in the stat sheet he is a little short of qualified. "Goalies must have 1260 minutes to be considered qualified" That number goes up a time goes on. Does anyone know if it has anything to do with eligibility? He currently has 1142 min played so 2 full games away from being qualified. He did hit the number just before being called up but it has gone up since then.

He's fully eligible now. Remember he was "sent down" on March 8 (Deadline day)  to make it happen.

7 hours ago, Demoted said:

Every year the Rochester team becomes more popular than the Sabres.

Where in Rochester? Certainly not in Buffalo? The Buffalo Sabres could go 40 years without playoffs and I will never actively root for a Rochester or Syracuse sports team. Both these cities are long time rivals of Buffalo Baseball Bisons so with this Buffalo fan that isn’t happening regardless of the Rochester Americans success and the Buffalo Sabres lack of success. Rochester sports teams aren’t Buffalo sorry. The Buffalo Sabres could potentially move out of Buffalo and I would wait for Buffalo to get its own hockey team back in the NHL or AHL. I am not rooting for a Rochester sports teams. Even when the original Buffalo Bisons moved to Winnipeg to become the Winnipeg Whips. Buffalo baseball fans didn’t flock to Rochester Red Wings games in the 1970’s. That is how I became a New York Yankees fan before Buffalo got Eastern League double a back in 1979 when I was eleven years old. Even though the Buffalo Bisons were double a compared to the triple a Rochester Red Wings. I went to Buffalo Bisons games. This was year number 45 years for old Buffalo Super Fan rooting on the Buffalo Bisons. The markets are too separate markets regardless of the Bills and Sabres having fans in Rochester in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Where in Rochester? Certainly not in Buffalo? The Buffalo Sabres could go 40 years without playoffs and I will never actively root for a Rochester or Syracuse sports team. Both these cities are long time rivals of Buffalo Baseball Bisons so with this Buffalo fan that isn’t happening regardless of the Rochester Americans success and the Buffalo Sabres lack of success. Rochester sports teams aren’t Buffalo sorry. The Buffalo Sabres could potentially move out of Buffalo and I would wait for Buffalo to get its own hockey team back in the NHL or AHL. I am not rooting for a Rochester sports teams. Even when the original Buffalo Bisons moved to Winnipeg to become the Winnipeg Whips. Buffalo baseball fans didn’t flock to Rochester Red Wings games in the 1970’s. That is how I became a New York Yankees fan before Buffalo got Eastern League double a back in 1979 when I was eleven years old. Even though the Buffalo Bisons were double a compared to the triple a Rochester Red Wings. I went to Buffalo Bisons games. This was year number 45 years for old Buffalo Super Fan rooting on the Buffalo Bisons. The markets are too separate markets regardless of the Bills and Sabres having fans in Rochester in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

When you're doing an internet troll, the key is to flame things up with only a minimum amount of typing. When you invest a lot of time in a troll, the joke's very much on you.

Go Sabres! Let's Go Buffalo 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The right move.  Rochester is fighting for their lives and he will help immensely.  Plus valuable playoff experience.  It doesn't matter if Comrie goes in anymore. 

It matters to me! i don't want to watch him play 🙂

A great benefit to Rochester being so close.  Levi should play more and help the Amerks get into the playoffs.  He can still backup in Buffalo at times, or even get a few more games in the NHL too.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

A great benefit to Rochester being so close.  Levi should play more and help the Amerks get into the playoffs.  He can still backup in Buffalo at times, or even get a few more games in the NHL too.  

Agree. I'm just hoping Rochester holds onto their playoff spot (looks like they will) and he gets some playoff games with the guys down there, and hopefully they win at least one series again.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Can Benson go to Roch after the season?  I'm guessing he could only got back to his junior team because of his age.  

Benson needed to be on the Amerks roster by 3pm on trade deadline day to be eligible for the playoffs. I believe he would be eligible to return to the CHL only after his NHL season ends, but junior teams would already be in the playoffs by then and I don’t know if they have similar playoff eligibility rules.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2024 at 8:59 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Robot GIF

• Haha (+1) 2