Byram given maximum fine for Interference call on Crookshank

inkman

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What hit? Crookshaw fell down without even being touched.

Am I doing this right?

Ok, so i am old and wear glasses..... Did he really not touch him? I could have swore during the game, they has an angle that showed he did run into him. If i am wrong, then my apologies.

Just now, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Ok, so i am old and wear glasses..... Did he really not touch him? I could have swore during the game, they has an angle that showed he did run into him. If i am wrong, then my apologies.

I'm being a jerk. I've been overruled so many times by people who see something totally out of wack with reality. I just wanted to try it on for size.

It was a bad hit. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm being a jerk. I've been overruled so many times by people who see something totally out of wack with reality. I just wanted to try it on for size.

It was a bad hit. 

Whatever. We’ve all seen much worse not even called.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is 5k a relic of the 60s when players roofed over the summer to make ends meet?

5k is the value negotiated in the collective bargaining agreement.  God bless the NHLPA.

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

5k is the value negotiated in the collective bargaining agreement.  God bless the NHLPA.

It’s a shame fines aren’t linked to their salaries. The max fine would be X% of their salary. These numbers are completely meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 1

The hit didn't look all that egregious to me.  A routine 2-minute penalty that might not even get called every time.  NHL players do much worse things all the time that are not even looked at.  Although Tom Wilson of the Capitals was recently suspended for a stick incident, Wilson does stuff way worse than this multiple times every game.

Edited by msw2112

12 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Deserved penalty. Fine? Sure, whatever.

As to the monetary value, does everyone get the maximum fine for everything? Because this isn't egregious or grossly premeditated.

It's the player's association. That's the maximum number the league is allowed to give so they do. When they give the maximum they are sying we'd like to give more but we can't. It's in the agreement.