GDT: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres 3/27 7PM MSG and Radio

bob_sauve28

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

He is being honest.  

The quote shows his youth, and it also reflects on the type of leadership and the kind of comments he hears from whoever the leaders are or were.  It is awkward, but obviously he feels the divide between the team and the fanbase.  The divide is still there in the area, in the community, and on this forum.  

I guess I took for granted the real love for this team that the community once had.  All it took was great leadership at the top, a real commitment to winning, and some good players that were fun to watch. 

I think the important bit is at the end of his quote about the team playing better at home and getting the fans on their side. To me, he (and thus the team, assuming they all feel that way) are taking the initial responsibility of winning so that the fans will cheer. Seems legit to me.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I was in a black mood after the EDM game.

Word. That game was a hard one - mostly because they did not play well. I don't expect them to win them all and I don't expect them to outplay all the other teams, but play well, please. I know top teams can make 'tweeners like the Sabres look bad - but they looked awful 😞

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm heading to Buffalo for the next 3 games. Tonight I'm sitting one row from the glass behind the Ottawa net. I'll be wearing a red butterknives jersey. Look for me.

Trying to find you may be more exciting 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I don’t see what’s wrong with what he said. Playing at home has been toxic because of how long they sucked at it. They made the bed and now they are sleeping in it.  

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

He is being honest.  

The quote shows his youth, and it also reflects on the type of leadership and the kind of comments he hears from whoever the leaders are or were.  It is awkward, but obviously he feels the divide between the team and the fanbase.  The divide is still there in the area, in the community, and on this forum.  

I guess I took for granted the real love for this team that the community once had.  All it took was great leadership at the top, a real commitment to winning, and some good players that were fun to watch. 

I would like to see him and the team take ownership for it. I don’t care he implied they don’t love playing at home. I’d rather him say “playing at home now is tough. Expectations are rightfully high and the teams here haven’t met them in a long time. The goal is to meet those expectations and love playing here.”

It’s the same thing only it takes ownership. If the team all has this attitude of “it’s not my fault the Sabres have sucked 13 years” then we’re absolutely *****.  

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm heading to Buffalo for the next 3 games. Tonight I'm sitting one row from the glass behind the Ottawa net. I'll be wearing a red butterknives jersey. Look for me.

I’ve got a Gilmore Butterknives minus the name patch. I had my mom remove it when he cheap shotted Varada. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I would like to see him and the team take ownership for it. I don’t care he implied they don’t love playing at home. I’d rather him say “playing at home now is tough. Expectations are rightfully high and the teams here haven’t met them in a long time. The goal is to meet those expectations and love playing here.”

It’s the same thing only it takes ownership. If the team all has this attitude of “it’s not my fault the Sabres have sucked 13 years” then we’re absolutely *****.  

I’ve got a Gilmore Butterknives minus the name patch. I had my mom remove it when he cheap shotted Varada. 

The amount of stock that you put in what players say to the media is far too high.  It’s meaningless drivel.  Everyone wants all this access to the players, they get it, and don’t like what the players have to say.  

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Totally agree.  But Adams doesn’t own it, and neither does Granato.  It has to start there if the goal is to be changing the culture, (refer to Sean McDermott, who did take ownership in stopping the 17 year drought).