Casey Mittelstadt traded for Bowen Byram

inkman

Just now, LETSTUCHINGO said:

First of all, I used the Chicken Little remark as you make seem like the sky is falling

I don’t appreciate your comments and names,  and you are mistaken.  My comments are consistent -  I don’t think we can evaluate this trade until Adams finishes his off season move.  Hardly chicken little.  

In summary:  The trade created a sizable hole at center.   They got younger on defense - potential salary issues when Byram is up.  They still lack a certain big physical presence on defense.   They have more work to do on this roster.  

You simply cannot  comprehend.   Put me on ignore and do us both a favor. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That would have been better for everyone involved, including the fans. Actually, mostly the fans.

But did they not earn their shot after breaking records in Rochester? Plus I wouldn't of wanted to sign a longer term contract to begin with.

• Haha (+1) 1

Sabres are gonna miss what Casey has become, good possession guy... good along the boards, always a tremendous passer and underrated shot... his play making and ability to go up and down the lineup is going to be a loss.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t appreciate your comments and names,  and you are mistaken.  My comments are consistent -  I don’t think we can evaluate this trade until Adams finishes his off season move.  Hardly chicken little.  

In summary:  The trade created a sizable hole at center.   They got younger on defense - potential salary issues when Byram is up.  They still lack a certain big physical presence on defense.   They have more work to do on this roster.  

You simply cannot  comprehend.   Put me on ignore and do us both a favor. 

Grow up. I've already apologized. I guess I should take offense to you calling me ignorant. I don't though, as you're entitled to your opinion. I can take people disagreeing with me without taking offense. Continuing with the topic at hand, I look forward to seeing what Krebs can do in the 3C role with better playmakers than what he has had centering the 4th line. I also believe that Mitts will be missed, but as most have stated in this forum, a change was needed to be made. Hopefully it was the right move. Time will tell!

Edited by LETSTUCHINGO
  • dislike 1

26 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

Thanks for the advice. I had no idea Chicken Little was so offensive. Sensitivity class scheduled! 

Name-calling in general tends to rub posters (people) the wrong way.

Seems like you should be able to understand that, idiot.

Awkward Peace Out GIF by Travis

• Haha (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

Grow up. I've already apologized. I guess I should take offense to you calling me ignorant. I don't though, as you're entitled to your opinion. I can take people disagreeing with me without taking offense. Continuing with the topic at hand, I look forward to seeing what Krebs can do in the 3C role with better playmakers than what he has had centering the 4th line. I also believe that Mitts will be missed, but as most have stated in this forum, a change was needed to be made. Hopefully it was the right move. Time will tell!

I never called you ignorant or anything else for that matter.   All the name calling is on you.  But I’ll grow up and use the ignore capability to give everyone else a break. 

I don’t even think we disagree extensively on the trade.    

Reading comprehension is the issue.  

43 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Sabres are gonna miss what Casey has become, good possession guy... good along the boards, always a tremendous passer and underrated shot... his play making and ability to go up and down the lineup is going to be a loss.

The Sabres are going to miss Casey because he was the only natural playmaker on the team.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Reading comprehension is the issue.

Adding injury to insult, Pimlach… How about the wise ass and the cranky old man knock it off before the Moderator intervenes… Sheesh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Adding injury to insult, Pimlach… How about the wise ass and the cranky old man knock it off before the Moderator intervenes… Sheesh.

I’m trying.  I’m done with that conversation.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Believer said:

…..Sheesh.

For a second there, thought I was in the wrong thread again…

Ain’t easy bein’ me 😎

Sabrespace is the best!

I understand why a forward was traded.  The Sabres have a pile of forwards and already have 3 huge contracts on the books for forwards (Skinner, TNT and Cozens) and have JJP and Quinn coming up for deals after next season.  You can't keep everyone.  What I don't understand is why Casey was for forward voted off the island. He possessed a unique skill set on this team, and we have no one on the roster or in the pipeline who does what Casey does well.

I also understand the want to acquire a top 4 D, but honestly Byram doesn't bring anything to the top 4 that we don't already have.  Dahlin is the No. 1 D and needs a partner, just not one with the same skillset.  We need more physical play on defense and better in zone play.  Byram doesn't bring either characteristic.   To make it worse, he is also damaged goods.  TM would be proud of this trade.  

Like most things KA does, the concept is good, but the execution is terrible.

18 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

I don’t get their obsession with being the youngest team in the league 

They are trying to get themselves relegated to the CHL.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

It should be noted that Mitts never had a Star Wars nickname. Perhaps it was simply looking into the future.

But Byram pretty much writes itself: BB-4.

He joins R2-D6 and Muel-PO in the droid defense corps.

The trade makes complete and total sense. Good job, GM Sheevyn!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I understand why Casey was traded.  The Sabres have a pile of forwards and already have 3 huge contracts on the books for forwards (Skinner, TNT and Cozens) and have JJP and Quinn coming up for deals after next season.  You can't keep everyone.  What I don't understand is why Casey was for forward voted off the island. He possessed a unique skill set on this team, and we have no one on the roster or in the pipeline who does what Casey does well.

I also understand the want to acquire a top 4 D, but honestly Byram doesn't bring anything to the top 4 that we don't already have.  Dahlin is the No. 1 D and needs a partner, just not one with the same skillset.  We need more physical play on defense and better in zone play.  Byram doesn't bring either characteristic.   To make it worse, he is also damaged goods.  TM would be proud of this trade.  

Like most things KA does, the concept is good, but the execution is terrible.

They are trying to get themselves relegated to the CHL.

I think the BN said Casey would take at least $6M and they can’t keep everyone for the reason you stated.  I just hope they bring in some new vet forwards and not just give spots to prospects.  

My initial thoughts were what you have in bold.  If he turns out good how do we pay him, Dahlin, and Power in two years?   I guess they manage that as they go.  

Edited by Pimlach

Just now, Pimlach said:

If he turns out good how do we pay him, Dahlin, and Power in two years?

Actually it's only one more year.  I raised this issue earlier.  JJP, Quinn and Byram are all going to need new contracts after next season.  If your Byram's agent and he has a good year, are you really going to re-sign in Buffalo?  Also, if we can't afford to keep a unique forward in Casey, how can we afford new deals for all 3 of these breakout candidates?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Actually it's only one more year.  I raised this issue earlier.  JJP, Quinn and Byram are all going to need new contracts after next season.  If your Byram's agent and he has a good year, are you really going to re-sign in Buffalo?  Also, if we can't afford to keep a unique forward in Casey, how can we afford new deals for all 3 of these breakout candidates?

Its a stall tactic; even if all three pop off next year we can bridge the two forwards and give Byram a reasonable length deal.

• Like (+1) 1

I've heard that part of KA's performance bonus is tied to thread lengths at SabreSpace.

24  25 pages so far on a trade... KA's going to Sizzler.

Edited by LTS
Apparently I made it 25
  • Haha (+1) 6