Elias Pettersson agrees to an 8 year Extension with the Canucks

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

The post where I explained what I meant, presumably?

For those who like you incorrectly confuse “higher in scoring” with “most points”.

You and I also differ on that opinion. But that’s cool. To me Tage was on another level last year. 

15 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not to derail the interesting conversation happening in here, but there is some Sweedish dude on the left hand coast of Canada that maybe would / should be a trade target, if in fact he is on the market.

For sure.  I’ll get back on track. I just don’t want TNT in the deal. 

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not to derail the interesting conversation happening in here, but there is some Sweedish dude on the left hand coast of Canada that maybe would / should be a trade target, if in fact he is on the market.

No thanks soft as puppy poo just like the current Sabres 

13 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Considering we're probably a no-go on literally every NMC/M-NTC etc.  These are the types of players you have to take a long hard look at.  

It's going to probably take a Center, a top prospect, and a 1st round pick.  They may ask for more, but i don't see anyone dealing much more than that.  Great player but you have to pay him.  Considering we're likely in the lottery i'd wait until the offseason to deal a 1st round pick.  

Edited by Drag0nDan

On 2/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, Buffalonill said:

I would move any prospect some get to Attached to these kids Half these guys just end up Average players or nothing 

Hell matthew savoie could just be another peyton Krebs

I'd move Savoie for an average player, frankly. He's not helping the Sabres right now and I'm not even convinced he'll hit the same number of NHL games played that Krebs will. I don't think his game will translate to the NHL. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it.

2 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

I'd move Savoie for an average player, frankly. He's not helping the Sabres right now and I'm not even convinced he'll hit the same number of NHL games played that Krebs will. I don't think his game will translate to the NHL. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it.

Guy has elite talent and pedigree from his draft spot and junior stats. Barring injuries he’ll at worst bounce around for 5 to 10 years based on how GMs view Top 10 picks. Just look at Alex Nylander and you can see how much better Savoie is.

If I’m trading the kid I’m not taking a run of the mill 3rd liner

22 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Guy has elite talent and pedigree from his draft spot and junior stats. Barring injuries he’ll at worst bounce around for 5 to 10 years based on how GMs view Top 10 picks. Just look at Alex Nylander and you can see how much better Savoie is.

If I’m trading the kid I’m not taking a run of the mill 3rd liner

We don’t need someone who worst case bounces around the league. We need NHL caliber players with sticking power now. 

36 minutes ago, #freejame said:

We don’t need someone who worst case bounces around the league. We need NHL caliber players with sticking power now. 

Well average players aren’t going to cut it if I’m trading a high tier prospect. That’s how you end up trading Filip Forsburg for Martin Erat

On 2/29/2024 at 9:32 AM, Buffalonill said:

Why is Dahlin safe ? If the Oilers wanted Dahlin + for Leon Draisaitl

You wouldn't?

No, McDavid is a different story but Draisaitl is only under contract 1x8.5 and he's going to be asking for a metric ton

• Brawndo changed the title to Elias Pettersson agrees to an 8 year Extension with the Canucks

Ok, enough of this guy.  

I know he is skilled and all, but this was a pipedream to land him.   

I prefer KA look for some rugged players, in their prime years, to round out the roster.     

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Ok, enough of this guy.  

I know he is skilled and all, but this was a pipedream to land him.   

I prefer KA look for some rugged players, in their prime years, to round out the roster.     

Yup. If you want anything from Vancouver, it's the understanding of how to fill out a roster so that your Petterssons and Millers look like top-line players (again). Correctly fill out the bottom 6 and add a top-4 defenseman, etc.

• Agree 1

On 2/29/2024 at 9:32 AM, Buffalonill said:

Why is Dahlin safe ? If the Oilers wanted Dahlin + for Leon Draisaitl

You wouldn't?

Absolutely not! If insanity was a disease it would be a contagion that has infected too many here. Just stop with this lunacy!