Elias Pettersson agrees to an 8 year Extension with the Canucks

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Absolutely not! If insanity was a disease it would be a contagion that has infected too many here. Just stop with this lunacy! 

Honestly I like Dahlin but he hasn't won ***** any player should be available for this franchise 

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Honestly I like Dahlin but he hasn't won ***** any player should be available for this franchise 

Your logic is peculiar and upside down. Dahlin is arguably the best player on the team. He's not the reason why this team has not met expectations. Getting rid of talent for a lesser talent is like being on a down escalator and not understanding why you are not moving up. If you want to get better, you need to add talent and not shed it for a lesser talent. Common sense 101.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

We should’ve traded Mitts and Rosen for him when we had the chance.  Can’t believe we let that one slip away.  

When did we have the chance to make a deal for Pettersson, whatever it was composed of?  

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Your logic is peculiar and upside down. Dahlin is arguably the best player on the team. He's not the reason why this team has not met expectations. Getting rid of talent for a lesser talent is like being on a down escalator and not understanding why you are not moving up. If you want to get better, you need to add talent and not shed it for a lesser talent. Common sense 101.

Ok cool I never said give him away for lesser talent it have to be a hockey trade .

Like for example mikko rantanen for dahlin 

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I might not trade Dahlin for Draisaitl, but I cannot agree with the lesser talent comment?  

Perhaps you don't watch the Western Division?  

Draisaitl is 28 and in his prime, he is 6'2" and 210 lbs.  He has three 50 goal seasons.  He has four 100 point seasons, last year he had 128 points.   He averages 0.48 goals per game, and 1.18 points per game.  He almost never misses a game.   At this rate he has automatic HoF numbers by the time he reaches 30-31 year old.  

He has 31 goals and 77 points in his 49 playoff games.   The guy shows up.  

He has won an Art Ross Trophy (scoring leader), a Hart Trophy (MVP of League), and a Ted Lindsey Trophy (Outstanding Player voted by the players association).   

Dahlin has yet to reach these lofty levels.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I might not trade Dahlin for Draisaitl, but I cannot agree with the lesser talent comment?  

Perhaps you don't watch the Western Division?  

Draisaitl is 28 and in his prime, he is 6'2" and 210 lbs.  He has three 50 goal seasons.  He has four 100 point seasons, last year he had 128 points.   He averages 0.48 goals per game, and 1.18 points per game.  He almost never misses a game.   At this rate he has automatic HoF numbers by the time he reaches 30-31 year old.  

He has 31 goals and 77 points in his 49 playoff games.   The guy shows up.  

He has won an Art Ross Trophy (scoring leader), a Hart Trophy (MVP of League), and a Ted Lindsey Trophy (Outstanding Player voted by the players association).   

Dahlin has yet to reach these lofty levels.  

You are right I don't watch much western division hockey. However, there is no circumstance in which I trade Dahlin for him. Dahlin is more valuable to the Sabres, regardless the stats Draisaitl would bring to this team. Creating a major void on a blueline that is already a work in progress, makes no sense to me. Again, an adamant no in that proposed trade. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are right I don't watch much western division hockey. However, there is no circumstance in which I trade Dahlin for him. Dahlin is more valuable to the Sabres, regardless the stats Draisaitl would bring to this team. Creating a major void on a blueline that is already a work in progress, makes no sense to me. Again, an adamant no in that proposed trade. 

That explains it 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I probably would not either based on Dahlin's age and yet to be fulfilled promise.  Our defense without Dahlin would be absolutely terrible.  

But don't underestimate Draisaitl's talent.  He is a Hall of Fame player.  Buffalo almost picked him over Reinhart, and so far he is the better of the two.  

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Ah yes Rasmus Dahlin our savior 

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ah yes Rasmus Dahlin our savior 

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

I don't know where you are coming from. No player is a savior. Winning is predicated on the talent and mix of the whole roster. It's inarguable that Dahlin is one of the best players on a team that needs more players. Subtracting your best player from a unit that isn't fully staffed makes no sense. You get better by adding talent, not subtracting your best talent. We subtracted players like Eichel, Reinhart, Montour for a variety of reasons. We didn't get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I probably would not either based on Dahlin's age and yet to be fulfilled promise.  Our defense without Dahlin would be absolutely terrible.  

But don't underestimate Draisaitl's talent.  He is a Hall of Fame player.  Buffalo almost picked him over Reinhart, and so far he is the better of the two.  

The highlight is the point. The more important issue isn't so much about individual talent as it is in assembling the best roster you can. Subtracting Dahlin for Draisaitl or almost any player in the league would make no sense for this franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The highlight is the point. The more important issue isn't so much about individual talent as it is in assembling the best roster you can. Subtracting Dahlin for Draisaitl or almost any player in the league would make no sense for this franchise. 

You need to watch Draisaitl I'm not taking anything away from dahlin he's great but Draisaitl is already a lock for the hall of fame 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don’t like or believe in Rasmus Dahlin 

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You need to watch Draisaitl I'm not taking anything away from dahlin he's great but Draisaitl is already a lock for the hall of fame 

I'm not saying that Draisaitl isn't good or even great. What I'm saying is that Dahlin is more important to the Sabres than Draisaitl would be. If you think otherwise, then that's fine. It's not an insupportable position to take.