GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Tues Feb27th 7pm ESPN+ and WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Obviously, this will never happen, but if I am Pegula, I tell Don that you beat Tampa or your job is on the line. Let’s see how the team reacts when the season is on the line tomorrow night.

He should be fired already who gives a ***** if he beats Tampa 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

why not?

Because on bad teams there’s countless reasons in-house to that take precedence over outsize factors. Why did our HC force us to kill a 5-3? Why was our top FA acquisition glued to the bench? Why is there still little pushback?

Clean up your own issues and officiating is much less an issue. Good teams win in spite of officiating. Bad teams roll over and blame the stripes.  

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Because on bad teams there’s countless reasons in-house to that take precedence over outsize factors. Why did our HC force us to kill a 5-3? Why was our top FA acquisition glued to the bench? Why is there still little pushback?

Clean up your own issues and officiating is much less an issue. Good teams win in spite of officiating. Bad teams roll over and blame the stripes.  

but bad calls are bad calls regardless of how good or bad your team is and affects them the same way.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

but bad calls are bad calls regardless of how good or bad your team is and affects them the same way.

That’s correct. But how you handle adversity is a big factor in determining whether you are a good or a bad team. We handle adversity very poorly. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

That’s correct. But how you handle adversity is a big factor in determining whether you are a good or a bad team. We handle adversity very poorly. 

not disagreeing with you on that.....just the officiating

Two years in a row that this team starts to play competitive hockey way to late in the season.

UPL looks legit. 

When is Quinn and Muel expected back?

I want to see the Sabres win but I also feel I want them totally out of it by the trade deadline so Adams has no excuse to hold on to some of these guys that need to be moved.

This offseason they need a big time coach and staff in here.

Hopefully Dudon won’t pay Brindamour and he ends up in Buffalo.

This team is not that far off which is the most frustrating aspect of it all.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Two years in a row that this team starts to play competitive hockey way to late in the season.

UPL looks legit. 

I want to see the Sabres win but I also feel I want them totally out of it by the trade deadline so Adams has no excuse to hold on to some of these guys that need to be moved.

Muel is gone for the season.

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

UPL looks legit. 

I don’t expect either player to be back to contribute. And Brind’Amour is a pipe dream, imo. But otherwise I agree. 

Gotta get a real coach. Gotta get a system that brings out the best in the players. Gotta get  a real leader in who does the dirty work. Actually 2. This team is soft. They don’t need to fight but agitate. And they need serious physical development- so they can be tougher and stronger in the corners. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

He’s playing hard I just don’t think he’s playing well.  He skates with Tage and Skinner and has 7 assists in 2024.  How is that possible?

I guess the fancy stats will tell us, but I think Tuch has played more minutes with Mitts than he has with Tage this season.   

The "first line" of Skinner-Tage-Tuch should really be finished as a line.   They no longer work together.  But what other line can handle Skinner the floater?  

Tage wants to be set up to shoot, if no one is doing that then he does it all himself, or tries too.   All Skinner can do is shoot, and Tuch has to try to figure out this mess.  

This "first line" is a one big reason  we started poorly.  The degradation of the first line, the injury to Quinn, and the 3 headed goalie monster - DG never got them on ready or on track.  Injuries, slow starts, just not ready to play.  The team has been playing better since UPL emerged, he gives then a chance.  

If the team was scoring and had an average PP, they would be in the thick of the wildcard race.  

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

None of our so-called big men have the courage to do this.....we have to depend on our little 18-year old to get it done.  Thanks GMKA! 😡

The Crusade against Tuch on this board is getting ridiculous.  We want bigger guys, when we  get one, half the board here complains about them.  They do the same with Greenway and with Zemgus.    

There is no 1970's hockey being played anywhere in the NHL.  

46 minutes ago, inkman said:

Get a Tkachuk 

Brady is not Matt.   

Matt is an arrogant prick that knows how to control himself and play his game.  Brady is an arrogant prick that does not.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't usually bitch about refs as these things are mostly subjective lines and often even out over a season BUT boy were those refs one sided in favor of Florida tonight!  

Phantom call on Benson was weird. Then the Clifton call was just him holding his ground and the guy's own stick came up in his own face so like wtf look at the video ref. All that led to the ridiculous 5 on 3 and I don't fault Granato at all there. He should have been on them all game though. I would have lost it if it was me. Pure bs all night and Florida really don't need the help do they. 

That Cousins is a real piece of crap turd of a player. Greenway gave him a shot, fair enough, but he makes like he's been shot, fakes an injury and then jumps up and rather than going after Greenway jumps the smallest guy he can find in the scrum. Garbage hockey and I hope they remember that and somebody takes it to him next time we meet. He needs a target on him. 

and what's with Tkachuk and that mouth guard chew? How many of those does he go through in a year? Somebody buy that guy a binky. 

idk, but this game made me really dislike Florida. I suppose since we finally look more like a real hockey team it opens things up to me seeing a team like that as a bunch of punks that need a smack. I hope next season we have a team that can deliver that. Hate on Florida! That is all. 

Add Mikkola to the list.  He is a dirty player.  A very big guy that starts a lot of $hit, usually with smaller players, and then skates away. 

His trip was deliberate and dangerous and could have been a double minor.  

No wonder Tanner Jeannot recently beat the hell out of him.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

UPL looks legit. 

I’d like Brindamour too but unfortunately Terrance Pegula doesn’t like strong personalities. His gm hire is a reflection of himself as is the coach. The fact that he won’t find and hire a president to head it all up is another indication of that weakness. It all starts and ends with Terrance.

• Agree 1

The tiniest hope of saving the season will be determined tomorrow night. If they win, they will hold on to me for a bit longer. If they lose, the season is 1,000% over and that will be the last Sabres game I watch. The next hockey game I will most likely see will be the final night of the regular season (if there is a team that is win and in) or the first round of the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Weird watching a talent deficient Philly team contend for a playoff spot and the Red Wings on fire while we still languish at the bottom part of the conference. 

Philly is a team rallying around their coach, proving that the sum of the parts is worth more than the induvial.  Probably not sustainable as this roster sits, a few key guys have a bad year and/or they get tired of Torts, and they will fall back to the bottom.  

Detroit is real.  They added a several key vets over the course of the last 2 seasons to their young talent and they are on their way.   They did what Buffalo won't do, and they will most likely actively tweak their roster again this off season.   Their young players are getting a helpful environment to grow up in.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Yeah he got a bench penalty. Screaming at the ref on a blatant penalty.

“Blatant” is a bit strong. It’s kinda hard to  control what you’re doing when you’re being pushed down and have absolute no control.  That was a blatant interference penalty that wasn’t called 

• Agree 1

Good morning all… Missed the game last night… Looking forward to reading your posted comments as you experienced it…

Looks like Carolina played a hard, physical game… A game the Sabres are still learning…

Appears Refs put their thumb on the scale in the 3rd to advantage the home team… Damn shame because stats say the Sabres were in it until then.

8 hours ago, SabreFinn said:

They have twelve one goal losses this season. If they could have turned even a couple of them to wins....

Go on...

4 hours ago, #freejame said:

Bad teams don’t get to blame poor officiating. 

Dumb fans do. It's amazing. It's the same refrain after every loss. I guess the league has to stop the unstoppable force that is the Buffalo Sabres somehow.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

those are facts.

That's your opinion.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Brady is not Matt.   

Matt is an arrogant prick that knows how to control himself and play his game.  Brady is an arrogant prick that does not.  

More arrogant pricks, period. Someone to tell Cozens to stop eat Fruity Pebbles straight out of the box.

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Someone to tell Cozens to stop eat Fruity Pebbles straight out of the box.

I’m about here.  Disappointing that Cozens’ game seems to have become less hard than his first season.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

They did what Buffalo won't do, and they will most likely actively tweak their roster again this off season.

The Red Wings are doing what the Texas Rangers did in baseball:  Big youth movement but added key vets.  Result:  World Series Championship.  (Over the winter they reassembled their pitching staff but left their position players largely intact; their vet middle infielders are great, growth will come from exceptional, mature rookies busting into the lineup:  Evan Carter late last season and Wyatt Langford this season.)

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SabreFinn said:

They have twelve one goal losses this season. If they could have turned even a couple of them to wins....

And 9 one goal wins

This is more or less the Gordon Bombay problem 

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

Bad teams don’t get to blame poor officiating. 

Ignore the quote. Made a mistake and it doesn’t let you delete it from the post after on mobile 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.