UPL day to day with a lower body injury; Dustin Tokarski called up from the Amerks

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to UPL day to day with a lower body injury; Dustin Tokarski called up from the Amerks

I posted earlier that I think that big part of keeping Levi in Rochester isn't for his development. Rather to keep them in the playoff race. When they sent Levi down they were 2 points away from being on the outside looking in. They are now 4 points from missing the playoffs. 

My tinfoil hat says Tokarski is the next man up because Rochester is mediocre and if they miss the playoffs the wheels fall off this FO completely. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Ok, make a list of who you think the top 10 players on the team are.  How many of those have NOT missed games due to injury?  Its probably not as bad as I think, but this year it seems really bad.

It's pretty bad. Mostly just a revolving door that has prevented any real chemistry with the full team from developing at all.

One comes back, two go out. Two come back, three go out.

Just nonstop all year long.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight Toker...

Oh, that guy was also a space cowboy, a gangster of love, and Maurice.  

Taking you back, but what is a "pompatus of love"? 

Note he is playing the guitar lead with a slide and probably a wha-wha pedal.   For years I thought he used a talk box (like Peter Frampton) .  

Still cool stuff ... 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Oh, that guy was also a space cowboy, a gangster of love, and Maurice.  

Taking you back, but what is a "pompatus of love"? 

Note he is playing the guitar lead with a slide and probably a wha-wha pedal.   For years I thought he used a talk box (like Peter Frampton) .  

Still cool stuff ... 

Fun fact:  I can make Mrs. Doohickie blush by singing her the line, "I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree."

Channel 9 Wink GIF by The Block

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Fun fact:  I can make Mrs. Doohickie blush by singing her the line, "I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree."

Channel 9 Wink GIF by The Block

For Mrs. Punch I change peaches to melons (cantaloupes).   <duck if she see this> 

22 hours ago, Mango said:

I posted earlier that I think that big part of keeping Levi in Rochester isn't for his development. Rather to keep them in the playoff race. When they sent Levi down they were 2 points away from being on the outside looking in. They are now 4 points from missing the playoffs. 

My tinfoil hat says Tokarski is the next man up because Rochester is mediocre and if they miss the playoffs the wheels fall off this FO completely. 

Maybe but I think a lot of Buffalo Sabres fans that are big time supporters of UPL are going to be disappointed when the Sabres let him walk. Because I don’t see the Buffalo Sabres going $6 million dollars a year for 5 years. If those are the Linus Ullmark like numbers UPL is surely gone from the Sabres. The Sabres attendance is a mess and the team is losing money. Don’t worry it’s Devon Levi team next season regardless. Devon Levi has the main advantage the Sabres are looking for especially ownership entry level rookie contract over the other goalie candidates. Just like Zack Benson the Sabres ownership is over the moon with how that turned out entry level rookie contract on a top 6 forward fabulous. Sabres fans just don’t see the pattern Sam Reinhart he was useful when he was cheap once he wanted money goodbye.

The Buffalo Sabres organization is the farm system for the other 31 teams. Some Sabres fans will say I am ok with that because at least the Buffalo Sabres are existing in the NHL. I get it these Sabres fans are hanging on to someday maybe the Sabres will get lucky like the lottery you have to be in the NHL to make the playoffs. I get it that is all we have as Buffalo Sabres fans is hope. But I am not under any illusion that Kevyn Adams and Don Granato are going to fix this they are here because they work for low level pay for a NHL GM and coach. The Sabres ownership aren’t changing or selling the Sabres franchise continues to go up and NHL expansion is hot. Think MLS expansion hot. Terry Pegula is looking at possibly another 4 expansion teams by the end of the decade to get the NHL to 36 teams. That is a nice chunk of money for the Sabres just existing in the NHL the Sabres ownership isn’t selling the NHL expansion interest changes any hope that Terry Pegula would possibly sell the Buffalo Sabres in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.