Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

18 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Bills (will) sign Nicholas Morrow (LB) from the Eagles.  He was the defensive play caller ("green dot") from midway through the season.  

Edit: forgot nobody is actually signed yet.

Wore the green dot on a mad sus defense. They were bad. Maybe that was mostly on the back end, though?

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Completely unrelated but I spent probably close to 15 years thinking your username was Carpe Dean like a play on Carpe Diem. I won’t lie, when I realized it was Car Pan Dean you went from a mental image of Robin Williams in Dead Poets to my Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill is a knowledgeable hockey fan though so I don’t mean that as a slight. 

Whoa - same for me! Except for the Uncle Bill part.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Completely unrelated but I spent probably close to 15 years thinking your username was Carpe Dean like a play on Carpe Diem. I won’t lie, when I realized it was Car Pan Dean you went from a mental image of Robin Williams in Dead Poets to my Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill is a knowledgeable hockey fan though so I don’t mean that as a slight. 

😆

If it helps, its origin has nothing to do with cars or their pans.  Though, you are correct that it also has nothing to do with carpe diem (though, I like the saying.)

11 hours ago, MattPie said:

Well, now I assume it's Carpa N Dean, an obscure 60s folk duo.

6 hours ago, JujuFish said:

He's obviously from a land called Carpandea, thus making him a Carpandean.

Interesting theories ... but no.

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah we need answers @carpandean

Never! 😝

Back on topic ... Poyer to sign with the Dolphins.  So, yeah, that sucks.

Edited by carpandean

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Skill set looks a lot like Shakir. Not sure I see a #2 WR. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

And you guys sign Samuel so maybe Shaqir isn't the number 3 

It is perhaps a curious pickup when you think about Shakir.

But whatever. I’m thinking of that speech by Jonah Hill’s character in Moneyball: “your goal shouldn’t be to buy players — your goal should be to buy wins and, in order to buy wins, you have to buy *runs*.”

It looks like the Bills bought 60+ catches, 600+ yards, and ~4 TDs.

That may be a net positive over what Davis gave them. (It is in catches — not in yards.)

Also worth mentioning: (1) Samuel had his best year when he was working with Joe Brady in Carolina. (2) He’s a versatile receiver — McDermott highly values versatility.

One other thing: The Bills gotta draft a big bodied WR in Round 1. Gotta.

40 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It is perhaps a curious pickup when you think about Shakir.

But whatever. I’m thinking of that speech by Jonah Hill’s character in Moneyball: “your goal shouldn’t be to buy players — your goal should be to buy wins and, in order to buy wins, you have to buy *runs*.”

It looks like the Bills bought 60+ catches, 600+ yards, and ~4 TDs.

That may be a net positive over what Davis gave them. (It is in catches — not in yards.)

Also worth mentioning: (1) Samuel had his best year when he was working with Joe Brady in Carolina. (2) He’s a versatile receiver — McDermott highly values versatility.

One other thing: The Bills gotta draft a big bodied WR in Round 1. Gotta.

Also has 4.3 speed, something the Bills desperately needed. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

McDermott loves versatility.  Shakir is mainly a slot but is learning to play all over.  Samual can play both inside and out.  Even Kincaid is sometimes used as just a big slot.  
You get open, Allen will get you the ball.  

i personally am a big fan of this signing.  I’ve been hoping they at least considered him this season and I’m psyched at the value they got him at.  He’s going to be a better #2 for Allen than Davis although he can’t block anything close to Davis.  Samual will probably finish 3rd or 4th on the team in receptions and give us some big plays that our offense needs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Still need to draft a true young #2 WR. 

This is a very good, very deep WR draft class.  My bet is we draft 2 WR’s in the later rounds.  McDermott lost a lot on his D.  I think they try to make up for that in rounds 1-3.  Then it’s bpa with a couple wr’s sprinkled in there. 
Right now Beanne has 11 picks. He’ll use a couple to move up but he’ll swing for the fences on a couple of those picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Allen said:

This is a very good, very deep WR draft class.  My bet is we draft 2 WR’s in the later rounds.  McDermott lost a lot on his D.  I think they try to make up for that in rounds 1-3.  Then it’s bpa with a couple wr’s sprinkled in there. 
Right now Beanne has 11 picks. He’ll use a couple to move up but he’ll swing for the fences on a couple of those picks. 

You have to think at the end you’ll be facing at least two of the top AFC QBs. Got to score 35.  Defenses are not able to keep up anymore. Even elite ones. It’s an offensive league. 

Samuel is not a replacement for Davis. They still need a big X and I think it would be crazy to wait until the later rounds in a draft with a wealth of talent that is going to go by the mid 40s. I'd love to get Thomas, but it will be too expensive to move up and grab him. Mitchell is the fella I think you could get, either at #28 or a small trade up. Legette and Coleman are the fall back guys for me. Maybe you could trade back to the early second and be pretty confident of getting one of them.

And there isn't a pick at #28 I like on D. Both the Robinsons are second round grades, or should be. You're reaching. It's a terrible draft for edge players. Latu you should take, but he'll be long gone. The strategy should be to push your chips in on making the offense as good as possible with your once-in-a-lifetime generational QB. And this is probably Diggs last year here, so get the fella who will be ascending and ready to become WR1 eventually.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1