Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Aggregator of mock drafts has moved back towards the Bills' most likely picks at 28 being WR, then Edge, then Edge again. Not sure what positions/names would appear if the site listed more than the top 3 mocked choices.

image.thumb.png.7fc60424e1e15ee4cf5b5cc0fe402ede.png

21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Aggregator of mock drafts has moved back towards the Bills' most likely picks at 28 being WR, then Edge, then Edge again. Not sure what positions/names would appear if the site listed more than the top 3 mocked choices.

image.thumb.png.7fc60424e1e15ee4cf5b5cc0fe402ede.png

Thomas won’t be there at 28 and neither of those two edge guys is worth the pick, imo, but if they insist on grabbing one, I’d rather have Robinson. But given the scarcity of edge rushers in this draft, he may not be there as well.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

What you guys payed for Sammy Watkins.. but imo buffalo should do that for  Nabers he's basically  a diggs 2.0 

I think the top 3 are out of reach. It would cost too much. I wouldn't trade that far up for Odunze. Nabers and MHJ, yes, but we can't afford it. I have Thomas and Mitchell next, and they will probably both be gone by #28. Mitchell is the only one you might get with a modest trade up. If they stay at #28, I would take Legette. Folks were talking as if he were a late second, because of one year of production and he's older. I think he goes early second at the latest. After that, I like McConkey. I don't think he's just a slot. He played 70% of his snaps on the outside with UGA. But I'd rather get the big X receiver.

I think they should go get a WR with their first pick, either in the first or early second if they trade back and try to recoup the day 2 pick they traded for Douglas. 

Diggs traded to the Texans for a second round draft pick.

I need that regular poster here who always says "the NFL cap isn't real" to explain how the Bills will get out from under this dead cap penalty.

Happy trails to a true "dog." Love(d) me some Diggs.

I'm OK with this move.  Some are huge fans of Diggs, I really never was.

Mostly because I'm not big on the 'diva' WR thing. I get it, social media tweets are just 'playing with the fans', and they can/might mean nothing. To some people its entertaining, I get that, but its not really for me.  But as far as play on the field, it looked like the end of the 2022 season, he might have been taking a very slight step back. Last year his performance for sure was starting to slide (to me).  If they are projecting that is going to continue to happen, and they are thinking this year is a partial 'reset/retool' year, then I can see them making this move.  Its almost like...they are going to take a step back this year, roll the dice with major changes, to prepare next year for the 2nd half of Allens's career here.

Edited by mjd1001

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They better be drafting a 1st round WR. 

They effing BETTER be.

Beane never ventures without a plan. He must have one in place. He must believe that they can now move up enough to get a WR that they feel really good about. This 2nd rounder will be part of the compensation.

*Sigh*

I am genuinely sad.

But I trust that this is good business. Not without risk, of course. But good business.

I've said it before: If every player on the Bills roster hated to lose as much as Diggs does, then this particular edition of the Bills would have been in (won?) a Super Bowl by now.

• Agree 1

Early reports are the Bills having to take on $31million in cap space due to this.  They must have REALLY thought he is on the downside, where his performance can be replaced by a top rookie, or there must REALLY be some problems he is causing with the team.  

I mean, if his skill is dropping off that fast, you could just bench him/not dress him and not take that cap hit. To take THAT much of a cap hit for a 2nd rounder in 2025, there had to be some serious isssues I would think.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

They effing BETTER be.

Beane never ventures without a plan. He must have one in place. He must believe that they can now move up enough to get a WR that they feel really good about. This 2nd rounder will be part of the compensation.

Options are Odunze, Nabers, and if you really want to go for it Harrison Jr. Those 3 could all probably immediately replace Diggs. You could also try to get Thomas Jr but he probably needs a year or so to really develop. If not they stay put and hope they get the right guy from the 3rd tier of WRs

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

After how diggs badmouth josh allen last night not shocking  lol

lol, way to make more of a tweet than it was. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Options are Odunze, Nabers, and if you really want to go for it Harrison Jr. Those 3 could all probably immediately replace Diggs. You could also try to get Thomas Jr but he probably needs a year or so to really develop. If not they stay put and hope they get the right guy from the 3rd tier of WRs

lol, way to make more of a tweet than it was. 

Clearly something was going on in the organization with him or he would still be there correct

We can all speculate on what happens in the Dugout or behind closed doors.  As a fan, what I see on the field is more important.  There where times when he took plays off, wouldn't block, and sometimes short armed receptions.  I will miss the drama and excitement he brought when he was on, but lately it was more drama than excitement.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

We can all speculate on what happens in the Dugout or behind closed doors.  As a fan, what I see on the field is more important.  There where times when he took plays off, wouldn't block, and sometimes short armed receptions.  I will miss the drama and excitement he brought when he was on, but lately it was more drama than excitement.  

His play seems to be sliding.

Eye test:  He was finding holes in zones where Allen hit him, but he wasn't making really any great plays, didn't seem to fool guys or blow by guys as much as he did a year or two ago.

Stats:   His last 13 games in a row he didn't exceed 100 yards receiving. In those 13 games, 7 of those 13 games, he didn't even get to 50 yards receiving. 

Age is catching up to him (and if it is, hes not likely to get better next year and likely might get worse) or Allen doesn't want to throw to him as much.  You aren't getting rid of Allen so either of those 2 things are bad.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Clearly something was going on in the organization with him or he would still be there correct

it appears that the personnel people concluded that he'd declined. it appears that the finance people concluded he wasn't worth the guaranteed salary coming to him. the toxic/drama speculation is for the click baiters.