Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

So far White, Poyer, Morse, Bates, Neal, Harty, and Hines are gone, and probably Martin as well.

Douglas and McGovern restructured.

Haack and Edwards re-signed.

Haack will replace Martin

Not sure who will replace Morse and Bates at center

Douglas has already replaced White at CB

We are also now down to one safety on the roster and that's Hamlin.

Ty Johnson will replace Hines once re-signed and no one cares who will replace Harty except Hamler was signed at a futures/reserve deal a few week ago.

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 7:36 PM, Gatorman0519 said:

Superb job by BB. He cleaned up that mess in one day. We are going to get much younger which is good news. Outside of losing Morse, all necessary. With a JA restructure, we can sign some guys. 

Good take. Morse is the one that cuts to the bone, but it is most likely the correct call (but possibly not).

More fwiw - the aggregated consensus mock draft has the Bills all in on WR.

image.thumb.png.3025ab72f49c70dc7fcfe2e4cbd2d011.png

Beane’s got 11 picks (and is apparently disappointed to have received a 4th rd compensatory for Edmunds) — I have to believe that he’s planning a small move (or moves) up to ensure that they get a player(s) that they’re targeting. That’s where having a compensatory 3rd would have been more valuable.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that, for those that like watching day 2 and 3 of the draft, you won’t won’t want to walk away assuming the Bills won’t be picking again for a couple hours. No way Beane stands pat with all those picks.

7 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that, for those that like watching day 2 and 3 of the draft, you won’t won’t want to walk away assuming the Bills won’t be picking again for a couple hours. No way Beane stands pat with all those picks.

Yes, it's more likely they package some to move up after getting a Comp 4th instead of the expected 3rd rounder. We'll see. Need a partner. 

I expect an Allen and maybe Taron Johnson contract redo to be announced shortly. FA tampering starts tomorrow with contracts getting signed on Wed. Would allow the Bills to go get a couple players or more. Brown of Ariz. and Chark of Carolina are WR's that can stretch the D. More are out there. Fill the roster ? DL and Safety also. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lotsa player signing news throughout the NFL. Before posting here, I'll wait for an article summarizing the moves that are of interest to Bills fans. (E.g., I saw Gabe Davis to the Jags and that the Bills re-signed Cam Lewis.)

The Dawkins' extension definitely warranted its own post.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lotsa player signing news throughout the NFL. Before posting here, I'll wait for an article summarizing the moves that are of interest to Bills fans. (E.g., I saw Gabe Davis to the Jags and that the Bills re-signed Cam Lewis.)

The Dawkins' extension definitely warranted its own post.

Does that include the exodus of FA's out of Miami? Dolphins lose a bunch of guys and now have the means to grossly overpay Tua. It's like going to the grocery store and seeing Oreo's buy-one-get-one free.

• Thanks (+1) 1

So far, Beane retained the players I hoped he would. The posted $ numbers are always something different in real cap figures.  Really needed to keep Jones, Epenesa, Rapp and Lewis on D.  Floyd is turning 33 and vanished down the stretch after a good start. . Didn't think he was staying. 

Have zero idea how much room they have after the Allen restructure.  I believe this time around he's happy to have the extra draft picks in what is being rated as a very deep draft. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

So far, Beane retained the players I hoped he would. The posted $ numbers are always something different in real cap figures.  Really needed to keep Jones, Epenesa, Rapp and Lewis on D.  Floyd is turning 33 and vanished down the stretch after a good start. . Didn't think he was staying. 

Did they re-sign DaQuan (sp)?!

Oh sh1t!! They did!!

12 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

⬆️

Correspondingly, I saw the Panthers shell out huge money … for an offensive *guard*. Yikes.

Very reminiscent of the Derrick Dockery / Langston Walker signings.  Mediocre OL signed to ridiculous money by bad teams. 

48 minutes ago, inkman said:

Very reminiscent of the Derrick Dockery / Langston Walker signings.  Mediocre OL signed to ridiculous money by bad teams. 

It was one of the most frustrating (infuriating?) aspects/periods of the drought. I understand the crap shoot that is the projection of college kids to the NFL. But how the Bills regularly F'd up evaluating guys that had already been IN the NFL for 3.4.or 5 years was simply mind boggling to me. And those two guys were like poster children. Excessively overpaid poster children. The Bills' Pro Personnel staff was garbage during that period.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Did they re-sign DaQuan (sp)?!

Oh sh1t!! They did!!

24 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Probably the most important re-signing of the offseason.

Dude was a one man wrecking crew when healthy 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

Word. I mean, the Miami guard is good. Maybe very good? I have no idea. But he's a guard.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Dude was a one man wrecking crew when healthy 

Yep. And having his big bodied ass in the middle frees of Oliver to do his stuff. And while he's ~32 yo -- DT's can be effective into their mid-30s.

Bills (will) sign Nicholas Morrow (LB) from the Eagles.  He was the defensive play caller ("green dot") from midway through the season.  

Edit: forgot nobody is actually signed yet.

Edited by carpandean

12 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Bills (will) sign Nicholas Morrow (LB) from the Eagles.  He was the defensive play caller ("green dot") from midway through the season.  

Edit: forgot nobody is actually signed yet.

Completely unrelated but I spent probably close to 15 years thinking your username was Carpe Dean like a play on Carpe Diem. I won’t lie, when I realized it was Car Pan Dean you went from a mental image of Robin Williams in Dead Poets to my Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill is a knowledgeable hockey fan though so I don’t mean that as a slight. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1