GDT: Sabres @ Sharks - Sat Jan 27, 2024, 4:00 pm ET MSG, ESPN+ NBCSCA 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

40 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

.727 pt% gets you to 96. .700 gets you 94, .667. = 92, and .636 gets 90. Anything less is futile.

I need to convert this to a season long pace.
Sabres are .490 right now, which gets them to just 80 points.
.585 gets 96
.573 gets 94
.561 gets 92
.549 gets 90.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well they beat the toothless Sharks, as they should, but I do not think there was anything there that makes you think they will move out of what I would call the third tier of the nhl (teams that are better than bottom feeders/tankers but not good enough to make the playoffs). 

Tuch, Greenway, Mitts played the game like a proper NHL line. 

Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, had solid moments and were rewarded,

The top (?) line was garbage. 

and Bryson? lol, why is he here? just WHY?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well they beat the toothless Sharks, as they should, but I do not think there was anything there that makes you think they will move out of what I would call the third tier of the nhl (teams that are better than bottom feeders/tankers but not good enough to make the playoffs). 

The Sharks were on a 3 game winning steak.

A word that is foreign to the Sabres.

Now they have another chance.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

Bryson going for his 4th straight W.

Apologies in advance for the negativity after a win. They win despite Bryson. His contribution was negligible in his 14:12 TOI. 

As @JohnC stated, Greenway with maybe his best performance of the year.  According the natural stat trick that line has only played together for 24 minutes all year. Statistically nothing stands out, other than a good scoring chance for and high danger for but too few minutes to glean anything.  They lost the Corsi battle tonight but I thought they dominated with a +2.  Big bodies driving to the net is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

This guy is always a downer I love it 

38 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Apologies in advance for the negativity after a win. They win despite Bryson. His contribution was negligible in his 14:12 TOI. 

As @JohnC stated, Greenway with maybe his best performance of the year.  According the natural stat trick that line has only played together for 24 minutes all year. Statistically nothing stands out, other than a good scoring chance for and high danger for but too few minutes to glean anything.  They lost the Corsi battle tonight but I thought they dominated with a +2.  Big bodies driving to the net is a good thing.

I'm going to take a different perspective on the play of Bryson. Everything you said about him in this game is accurate. His minutes were a little more than modest. He is essentially a substitute player from the AHL who was temporarily brought up to replace an injured defenseman, Eric Johnson. He was far from being an impactful player in this game but he wasn't a liability. He's essentially an AHL player who fills in when needed and then goes back to being a decent AHL player. That's a sign that the regular roster is being filled with NHL caliber players. 

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm going to take a different perspective on the play of Bryson. Everything you said about him in this game is accurate. His minutes were a little more than modest. He is essentially a substitute player from the AHL who was temporarily brought up to replace an injured defenseman, Eric Johnson. He was far from being an impactful player in this game but he wasn't a liability. He's essentially an AHL player who fills in when needed and then goes back to being a decent AHL player. That's a sign that the regular roster is being filled with NHL caliber players. 

Who's playing better in Rochester... Bryson or Clague?

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I don't know. I don't watch enough games to give a fair assessment. Usually, the calculation to which player to bring up doesn't revolve around which player is better so much as it is which player better fits the role as a replacement. 

Edited by JohnC

54 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He wasn’t a liability? He was directly involved in both goals against. 

38 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Bryson.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

@JohnC  This.  

Just because a player is on the ice when another team scores it doesn't mean that he is responsible for the score. On one of the scores there was a deflection off of another defenseman's stick. I'm not arguing that Bryson was an asset, but in this game he wasn't a liability. His role was limited; he was a fill-in player brought up from the AHL. He sufficed as a player for us. 

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

He wasn’t a liability? He was directly involved in both goals against. 

Bryson.

One goal went off the stick of Johnson. How was he to blame? He's an AHL player who served as a fill-in for an injured player. He played to his level. He was adequate with limited minutes. Bryson is a fringe player. What else do you expect from him? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.