2024 NHL DRAFT Talk

Spoonman

38 minutes ago, ... said:

Let's say they win the lottery. What if Adams announces that they would trade the number one pick if whomever takes it also takes Skinner and his entire contract. Would you do it?

The response is always, show me the return first.

Everything is in play.  Always.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ... said:

Let's say they win the lottery. What if Adams announces that they would trade the number one pick if whomever takes it also takes Skinner and his entire contract. Would you do it?

Absolutely. Should get a crazy haul for it. I don’t even want Adams to be rewarded with the bail-out of the number one pick for failed expectations tbh lol unless we use it as currency. Probably “fool me once” situation if not 

32 minutes ago, Weave said:

The response is always, show me the return first.

Everything is in play.  Always.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, ... said:

Absolutely not… unless there was a considerable return outside of just taking on Skinner. Having Celebrini is worth more than not having Skinner’s contract, and if getting rid of Skinner is such a big issue, we could just buy him out. A buyout this summer would save us ~14.5 million over the next 3 years, and add a 2.4 million cap hit on the 3 following years.

I ran the lottery simulator 50 times. We moved up to 2nd place once, moved down to 12 four times, and stayed at 11 the rest. I obviously have some free time on my hands today

18 minutes ago, Stads said:

I ran the lottery simulator 50 times. We moved up to 2nd place once, moved down to 12 four times, and stayed at 11 the rest. I obviously have some free time on my hands today

That's pretty much exactly what the odds say will happen.😂

Well that was anti climactic. Glad Chicago didn't win it anyway. 

So I'm sticking with Liam Greentree. I know many people will say he will go lower but idc. I like the kid and how he plays. 

If they are still there (which I doubt) I'd probably consider/take Iginla or Yakemchuk but I think they will both go top 10. 

If we trade the pick for a roster player, I'm fine with that too.

That's it for me on the draft this year until it's done.

Well, I guess we now have to wait. Our pick plus a prospect and/or player could net us a nice return for a top six plus a high first round pick (25+) especially if the player we throw in is Power.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+