GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres - Thu Jan 18, 2024, 7:00 pm ET MSG-B, NBCSCH 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If only we could play the worst teams in the league every night 

The Sabres have, um, underperformed against the lower half of the league this season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Contempt said:

Well, did they do what you said either? Seems to me that guy walked out scot free.

I don't care about making a statement against the freakin Blackhawks. The hit wasn't even that bad and EJ, the cagey vet that he is milked it (as he should).

Enjoy the win.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I don't care about making a statement against the freakin Blackhawks. The hit wasn't even that bad and EJ, the cagey vet that he is milked it (as he should).

Enjoy the win.

He went to the room, but yeah he milked it. The only guy who consistently steps up for people gets run and you're ok with NOBODY standing up for him in a game they were going to win no matter what. Ok man. If there were ever a team and a situation where you could do something and not worry about consequences it was just then. The children weren't interested.

And we talked about playoffs for this team. If you can't stand up to the Blackhawks in January how on Earth can you deal with the Bruins in April? Sometimes you have to take the first step. They didn't. Again.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’m glad we won but these are bottom feeder near AHL teams. Not jumping up and down yet. 

Tonight's game looked like an NHL team taking it easy on an AHL team, but still beating them handily.  The Sabres looked they played at 80% most of the night.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.