Geezers check in

Doohickie

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

All sports are worried about this. The people that attend games are getting older and older every year.

That's probably why the NFL is embracing the Swifties.

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

I turned 46 a couple of days ago. Still feel like a daft wee boy though. 

Well you are a wee bit daft, so that checks out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

If I were a marketing person at the Sabres or even the owner, I'd be worried about the age of the fan base.

Unless all the kids are on Sabres Tock Tick.

That's the problem most kids have tiktok brain. 

4 hours ago, #freejame said:

It doesn’t help there’s probably only a handful of 18-28 year old Sabres fans

There are even less from 12 to 18.   

(Thanks Terry)

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

When I was born, JFK was president, but at least we had all 50 states.

I was an Ike baby - 1958.  

2 hours ago, hockey said:

I'm 42, but I love classic TV and movies.

I felt old in here when I understood the following M*A*S*H exchange between two other posters (I'm sorry that I can't remember who they were):

A: Whatever, Winchester.

B: I've always thought of myself as Trapper John.

A: You wish.

Welcome to the board!

• Like (+1) 1

Just as people much younger than I am envy me because I can remember the moon landing, I wish that I knew what the music scene was like before the Beatles, and I wish that I could appreciate better the sacrifices of my elders in the Civil Rights movement.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

There are even less from 12 to 18.   

(Thanks Terry)

I was an Ike baby - 1958.  

You make a good point how the long-term ineptitude of the hockey operation under its current owner contributed to suppressing the fan interest of the younger generation. I'm hoping that this team can get it together and make a genuine playoff run this season and maybe generate more interest from this particular demographic. Can interest be revived with this dormant young group? Yes. That's assuming that this team can becomes a relevant team again. Winning is a big cleanser for the foolishness that has been foisted on this worthy and untapped market. This fall from hockey relevancy is so inexcusable and wasn't necessary. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Thorny said:

That’s awesome 

it’s also simply wild to me that 2011 series is the first you remember watching (in that it makes me feel old), but that’s life

- - - 

Do you find, would you guess you find the drought easier to manage, considering it started when you were only around 10? Or would you wager more frustrating because almost your entire existence as a fan is sans playoffs? Don’t mind me and my questions, I like to ask lol 

Hard to really say, as all I’ve really known is droughts (didn’t see the Bills make it till I was 15, then the Sabres). Knowing what success is like might make this nonsense more bearable, as I have something good to remember, or more painful as I realize how far they’ve fallen. I’d guess slightly easier, as there isn’t much expectation for success when you’re used to failure, and without that expectation, losing is less painful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.