Geezers check in

Doohickie

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

When TV dinners first came out, Esther choked on a semi frozen pea when Elvis swiveled his hips on Ed Sullivan. I saddled up behind her and thrust. Betsy was born nine months later.

You do the math.

Sounds like you are 88 at least. 

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You might be the youngest person here? At 31? Haha we’re old

im 37 and could tell I’m one of the youngest 

It doesn’t help there’s probably only a handful of 18-28 year old Sabres fans

• Like (+1) 2

54 this month

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If I were a marketing person at the Sabres or even the owner, I'd be worried about the age of the fan base.

Unless all the kids are on Sabres Tock Tick.

SDS should be worried

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If I were a marketing person at the Sabres or even the owner, I'd be worried about the age of the fan base.

I talk all the time on twitter with kids who are way more patient than me re: turning this around because they’ve only been following for like 5-10 years. Being bad generationally definitely hurts the fanbase size id imagine but this board is also skewed much older than other online places like, as mentioned, twitter 

Edited by Thorny

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This exchange got me to thinking: 

Who's the geezerest person on Sabrespace?  If you want to play along, post your age.

I know for sure I'm not the oldest guy around here; I'm 61.

51 here.  First Sabres game was 14-2 win over the Capitals in December 1975.  I remember asking my dad if all the games were like that and he laughed and said, "No, not all of them."

Edited by Dreams Burn Down
Happy thoughts.
  • Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

All sports are worried about this. The people that attend games are getting older and older every year.

Just now, Thorny said:

Is your best Sabres memory Ennis’ ot goal game 5 vs Philly, 2011? Actually asking 

No, but my first memories of actually watching the Sabres (I grew up listening on the radio) are from that series. 

My best Sabres memories are probably from some of the games I went to in person:

The 5-2 drumming of the Flyers during the 2018 10 game streak. Went with a few friends who hadn’t seen hockey before and it was a great game for that. 4 goals in the first and a fight.

Another great moment, this hit: 

Was an otherwise lackluster game, but this hit on Carter Hutton got the stadium amped up, and was a great moment. Definitely my favorite Carter Hutton memory despite him later becoming a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sabresparaavida said:

No, but my first memories of actually watching the Sabres (I grew up listening on the radio) are from that series. 

My best Sabres memories are probably from some of the games I went to in person:

The 5-2 drumming of the Flyers during the 2018 10 game streak. Went with a few friends who hadn’t seen hockey before and it was a great game for that. 4 goals in the first and a fight.

Another great moment, this hit: 

Was an otherwise lackluster game, but this hit on Carter Hutton got the stadium amped up, and was a great moment. Definitely my favorite Carter Hutton memory despite him later becoming a Sabre.

That’s awesome 

it’s also simply wild to me that 2011 series is the first you remember watching (in that it makes me feel old), but that’s life

- - - 

Do you find, would you guess you find the drought easier to manage, considering it started when you were only around 10? Or would you wager more frustrating because almost your entire existence as a fan is sans playoffs? Don’t mind me and my questions, I like to ask lol 

58. Time goes by. Not to get sentimental  but I really love this place and all youze guys n gals. I’m not sure I would still be hanging onto this team if not for stumbling across this site. Cheers!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

I'm 42, but I love classic TV and movies.

I felt old in here when I understood the following M*A*S*H exchange between two other posters (I'm sorry that I can't remember who they were):

A: Whatever, Winchester.

B: I've always thought of myself as Trapper John.

A: You wish.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.