Rasmus Dahlin is selected to the All Star Game

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

He deserves it.  Not sure anyone else on the team does, based on this season's performance.

A lot of people think it should have been Mitts. Can’t deny Dahlin has had a down year relative to last, but it IS the All STAR game and Dahlin is a star so it’s fair enough 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

A lot of people think it should have been Mitts.

Yep.  He has been the Sabres best and most consistent player this season. He also is the team's leading scorer and is in the top 10 in the NHL in 5 on 5 scoring.  He is also the team's leader in +/- at +7.  Dahlin is a team worst -14.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yep.  He has been the Sabres best and most consistent player this season. He also is the team's leading scorer and is in the top 10 in the NHL in 5 on 5 scoring.  He is also the team's leader in +/- at +7.  Dahlin is a team worst -14.

As you are referencing, Mitts is a good story on a so far troublesome season. Another positive storyline for me is the play of Quinn after coming back from his injury. He surprisingly, already has returned to his healthy form. Last night was an example of that. I thought it would take more time. 

Mitts would have been an inspired choice but Dahlin has played well too.  

Yeah, ok he has made some mistakes too but overall he is our best player and belongs there. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree that Mitts should be in consideration.  He's been the team's best forward.  That said, he's 52nd in scoring in the league among forwards, while Dahlin is 7th among defensemen, and leads all defensemen in goals.  Outside of Buffalo, Mitts is not on anyone's radar.  I think it would be great if both guys made it to the ASG, but I'm not seeing it.  It's also too bad that Thompson is having a down season after two great ones and one in which he made it to the ASG and couldn't play due to injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm sure Dahlin would rather do his own vacation these players hate the all-star game .

Wouldn't be surprised if  "he says he's injured" and missed the game 

Doubt it.  But we shall see.

He seemed to enjoy himself in Lauderdale last year.  (TO in the dead of winter could be another story altogether, but expect he likes the recognition.)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Doubt it.  But we shall see.

He seemed to enjoy himself in Lauderdale last year.  (TO in the dead of winter could be another story altogether, but expect he likes the recognition.)

Yeah listening to post game, he really enjoys the recognition.  Maybe a little too much.  🤷‍♂️

Dahlin has to lead the league in boneheaded plays amongst "elite" type players. 

He flubbs so many plays with his lackadaisical style. Its frustrating. 

I like the goals though, and the assists. 

10 hours ago, Norcal said:

He is currently the NHL leader in goals by a D with 11.

10 hours ago, Norcal said:

34 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He is currently the NHL leader in goals by a D with 11.

Both of these things are true. 

He's not having an elite season imo and if they didn't have to take a guy from every team I don't think any Sabre would be on it. 

• Agree 3

Though the -4 over the stretch may point to a Dahlin still not quite at the levels we saw last year, with 11 points in his last 12 games Rasmus has resumed his rightful place among the top 10 in D men scoring, currently in a tie for 7th, with 32 points in 39 games.

Over 81 games (the max he could now play this season) current pace stands at:

81 GP, 25 G, 41 A, 66 P, -27

• Thanks (+1) 1

Can we have a discussion about what a terrible defensive player he is this year?
As noted in last nights game thread, there are now only 7 defensemen in the entire NHL worse than Dahlin in terms of +/-.  
He's sitting at a -16, on pace for -32. 
And his +/- is inflated due to, is it 5(?), empty net goals.
And all 7 players ahead (behind?) him play on truly terrible teams - either San Jose, Anaheim, or Chicago.
The only other Sabre below even this year is Jacob Bryson at -1.  
All other Sabres are positive. (Lead by Clifton at +4).

This is truly insane.  And so I'd suggest he is by far the single biggest reason the team is not moving forward this year.  It's not Terry, it's not Kevyn, it's not Don, it's not Levi, UPL, EJ, or TNT.  It's right before our noses, our franchise All Star defenseman, Rasmus Dahlin.  And now signed for $11 per for 8 years which will put him #2 paid D in the league next year behind Karlsson.  You can't make this ***** up.  There will be suffering.

Link to stats here.

And yeah admittedly I'm not a fancy stats guy but if anyone want to show em to refute, please do and I'll try.  Otherwise, sticking my eye test and these stats.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Can we have a discussion about what a terrible defensive player he is this year?
As noted in last nights game thread, there are now only 7 defensemen in the entire NHL worse than Dahlin in terms of +/-.  
He's sitting at a -16, on pace for -32. 
And his +/- is inflated due to, is it 5(?), empty net goals.
And all 7 players ahead (behind?) him play on truly terrible teams - either San Jose, Anaheim, or Chicago.
The only other Sabre below even this year is Jacob Bryson at -1.  
All other Sabres are positive. (Lead by Clifton at +4).

This is truly insane.  And so I'd suggest he is by far the single biggest reason the team is not moving forward this year.  It's not Terry, it's not Kevyn, it's not Don, it's not Levi, UPL, EJ, or TNT.  It's right before our noses, our franchise All Star defenseman, Rasmus Dahlin.  And now signed for $11 per for 8 years which will put him #2 paid D in the league next year behind Karlsson.  You can't make this ***** up.  There will be suffering.

Link to stats here.

And yeah admittedly I'm not a fancy stats guy but if anyone want to show em to refute, please do and I'll try.  Otherwise, sticking my eye test and these stats.

At some point, hopefully soon, GMKA is going to need to figure out how to build a team.  Tough decisions will be afoot. 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

At some point, hopefully soon, GMKA is going to need to figure out how to build a team.  Tough decisions will be afoot. 

One would figure he should know how, already. 

He was a hard working 4th line type of player, when he played. He was on a cup winning team. Out of all the GMs previous during the last 12 years, he should theoretically have the most knowledge when it comes to building a team. 

That Carolina team was balanced top to bottom. They added key players at the trade deadline. Was there a little luck involved? Yes. Cam Ward was unbelievable during those playoffs. Im sure even they had no clue he'd be that good. I think they benched Gerber at some point, too. 

Add in some awful injury luck for the Sabres as well. 

The point still stands, that formula still applies. Even today. What is Adams doing? Not enough. 

And he doesn't seem to realize it. Shame 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.