GDT: Sabres @ Arizona - Sat. 9 pm ET, Dec 16, 2023, MSG-B, SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

4 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Then if not Matt Ellis (who never played on PP, and had same guys on PP last year)  who will tell Rayzor the Three Keys of the Game and give him Talking Points to report out to start the 2nd and 3rd periods?

You are rolling tonight.  Did you hit the bottle of cooking sherry once again?  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Did he really at that? If so, he is frighteningly unaware.

He did… Replay it on the Sabre App… Speaks volumes about the Coaching and Leadership messaging… 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Believer said:

Thompson… “It sucks… We outplayed ‘em… Gotta be happy with that”…

Nope… Wrong, son… You outplayed them at times but you lost… You cannot ever be happy with that.

This really shows he is not dialed in.   You have to believe that Gallent or Berube, both available, could change that thought.  

9 minutes ago, Believer said:

He did… Replay it on the Sabre App… Speaks volumes about the Coaching and Leadership messaging… 

• Agree 3

Fack.

Unless the flu is ripping through the roster, can we PLEASE never run 11-7 again.

Don't understand why they don't drive to the net more.

UPL played VERY well tonight except for about 15 seconds but with them giving him no goal support at all, those 15 seconds were enough for the Yotes to build a 2 goal lead.

At least the Bandits won tonight.  Was watching that and the 1st period at the same time; that was more entertaining.

And, the BJ's game should be a pretty good one.  But might have to bite the bullet and lower the price on the Loafs game tix.  Was planning on going to that one as well unless someone paid a stupid amount for those tix; but that might turn into a REALLY ugly night.  Too long a drive to be that frustrated right before Christmas.

Another terrible loss by the Buffalo Sabres against the Arizona Coyotes. The Sabres are going no where with Don Granato as head coach. It’s time for the Sabres to make a head coaching change and see if the Sabres can save what remains of their season before it’s too late for the playoffs in 2023-24 season in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I may hate this team worse then the tank team. How do you have no compete in your 20's? 

when you have a multi year $7-$9 million per year contract without accomplishing much of anything.

14 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Considering Tage is on pace for 20 goals he better worry about getting his butt in gear.

remember when fans would brag about what a great team deal his contract was?

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Dec 16, 1121pm:

I am now officially listening to complaints about sacking Granato. This team needs accountability.

There was zero effort tonight. Zero pride. Zero respect for the fans that are watching. Bring in someone to crack the whip on these guys.

^ This. Granato isn’t the right guy to take this team to the next level.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Thompson… “It sucks… We outplayed ‘em… Gotta be happy with that”…

Nope… Wrong, son… You outplayed them at times but you lost… You cannot ever be happy with that.

This explains a lot. They lost tonight because their best players didn’t make a difference. Thompson first and foremost but I’d throw Dahlin and Tuch in as well.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

This really shows he is not dialed in.   You have to believe that Gallent or Berube, both available, could change that thought.  

Both would be an upgrade but not sure on long term. They need a good defensive coach as well but they also need a veteran defenseman with some grit to help these youngsters. Power needs to bulk up and work on his foot speed. Tuch and Thompson need a good swift kick in their *****!

Another relatively soft and uninspired effort after a good one, that pretty much tracks for this team. They are lazy and spoiled and have no inherent work ethic in them at all. Philly just knocked Detroit off 1-0 on the same night. Points in 8 straight games. Low skill and very very hard work. Coaching does matter. 

This was a real nothing game. Like nothing much happened. They play shut down and we do not drive/work through it. over as soon as it starts. 

I don't know how many of you have noticed this but watch for it if you haven't. I watch a lot of the games on a delay/replay so I've noticed it for years but on almost all nights Sabres games are much shorter than other games in terms of total real time. A lot shorter. Because less happens. The old "low event" hockey. Lots of skating around, lots of moving around the edges, very little activity in the dirty areas. It's nothing hockey.

I found myself raising an eyebrow when Thompson had a little shoving match and Dan said words to the effect of "that's the last guy you want to have fighting" and I thought no, quite the contrary, that's what I think might turn this team around totally. Man is huge. His hands are huge. I remember a few years back he took on K. Miller and handled it okay. If he played with that type of edge all the time we might really have a team playing with that type of edge. I mean he's not scoring much anyway.

So back to being garbage. One win out of three on a round trip will keep us in the forever top ten pick group of who cares anymore. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

24 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Another relatively soft and uninspired effort after a good one, that pretty much tracks for this team. They are lazy and spoiled and have no inherent work ethic in them at all. Philly just knocked Detroit off 1-0 on the same night. Points in 8 straight games. Low skill and very very hard work. Coaching does matter. 

This was a real nothing game. Like nothing much happened. They play shut down and we do not drive/work through it. over as soon as it starts. 

I don't know how many of you have noticed this but watch for it if you haven't. I watch a lot of the games on a delay/replay so I've noticed it for years but on almost all nights Sabres games are much shorter than other games in terms of total real time. A lot shorter. Because less happens. The old "low event" hockey. Lots of skating around, lots of moving around the edges, very little activity in the dirty areas. It's nothing hockey.

I found myself raising an eyebrow when Thompson had a little shoving match and Dan said words to the effect of "that's the last guy you want to have fighting" and I thought no, quite the contrary, that's what I think might turn this team around totally. Man is huge. His hands are huge. I remember a few years back he took on K. Miller and handled it okay. If he played with that type of edge all the time we might really have a team playing with that type of edge. I mean he's not scoring much anyway.

So back to being garbage. One win out of three on a round trip will keep us in the forever top ten pick group of who cares anymore. 

Well Tage just broke his hand so I’d prefer him not fight anyone.

6 hours ago, klos1963 said:

remember when fans would brag about what a great team deal his contract was?

All those premature long term contracts Adams handed out turned a lot of players into soft guys that float if things don't go their way. I questioned the contracts of Power and Samuelson and was hastily corrected by many. 

So now the only way to change that is new leadership. We are stuck with many of these guys who need a massive kick in the backside with hard coaching.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.