GDT: Arizona @ Sabres - Mon. 7pm ET, Dec 11, 2023, MSG/ESPN+/SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

image.png.ab49dcc5bbff5806c00b739c3b582959.png    @     image.png.2eea885c50c0443c96ad8558fb50c546.png

13-11-2, (5-5-0 last 10)           1 1-14-3 (3-5-2 last 10)

Yotes currently hold the last WC spot in the Western, while Sabres sickeningly sit at 8th in WC in the Eastern.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ari-vs-buf/2023/12/11/2023020428

-----------

1/ We all know Sabres REALLY need to start stringing wins.

• They have dug quite the hole, again, as they currently sit at 8th in Wild Card standings, with the teams above them having games in hand and/or a point differential of up to 7 pts. 

2/ Big week on hand. 

• The Boys in Blue & Gold need to start the week of right, looking to take the bite out of the Yotes tonight.  
  • While they start the week off at home, they then head out on a 3 game western swing with late night hockey, the rest of the week:
    • Colorado Wed, & Vegas  Fri 10 pm ET, &
    • Arizona (Phoenix) Sat 9 pm ET  

Sad Happy Sunday GIF by Looney Tunes

#MUST WIN

#LET'S GO BUFFALO

Edited by Spoonman
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Spoonman changed the title to GDT: Arizona @ Sabres - Mon. 7pm ET, Dec 11, 2023, MSG/ESPN+/SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻
  • spndnchz pinned this topic
1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Time to start racking up points. Goal should be to get 10 out of every 16 points from here on out.

You're on the right track, but they need almost 11 per 8 games to get back to NHL 0.600.  7 points every 5 games works, so since they only took 1 in the 1st game of this cycle they need 3 W's in the next 4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I haven't seen the Coyotes play but I will assume like many teams with "lower" talent they will play a hard checking, fast paced game... something the Sabres do not handle well.  I have low expectations for this game.

Edited by LTS
Removed my response to a certain poster. Not needed.
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LTS said:

And yet.. here you are, posting about that complete laughing stock. You have to care, even a little, to want to post about this stuff.  So congratulations on still caring for this laughing stock of a franchise. Whose the greater fool, the fool themselves or the people who choose to follow them?

I haven't seen the Coyotes play but I will assume like many teams with "lower" talent they will play a hard checking, fast paced game... something the Sabres do not handle well.  I have low expectations for this game.

Coyotes have some young talent.  If the season ended today they make the playoffs.   They have had two playoff appearances since the Sabres drought started. 

Tonight will be a challenge. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

If they are going to sit Ryan Johnson send him to Rochester.

He is better than at least 3-4 defenders who are playing 

Giving Erik Johnson another game after his ABYSMAL play against Montreal is why I am over this coaching staff. Veteran spouts off about playing responsible hockey and then proceeds to glide back and allow a goal and then gives a massive gap while screening his goalie to allow another goal and we just roll him back out. Ryan Johnson is better than Joker, Erik, Connor, and some nights Samuelsson but because of old man hockey instincts here we are. This team needs to get serious because time is fast running out. 

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Pretty sad if this is true.  Who is he better than?  

Henri Jokiharju, Connor Clifton, Erik Johnson, Jacob Bryson, sometimes Mattias Samuelsson

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Go, Sabres. Hit 'em with another 45+ SOG and hopefully win this time.

Also, I've been offline. Where's Quinn?

Working his way back from his injury. Probably another 2-3 weeks away. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Coyotes have some young talent.  If the season ended today they make the playoffs.   They have had two playoff appearances since the Sabres drought started. 

Tonight will be a challenge. 

Sure, but it will also be a challenge to the Coyotes.  Sabres are playing well now.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sure. He's been on the ice with the team on some days, of late. Not today apparently.

We don't know if he was out there today. He isn't doing line rushes most likely but no idea if he skated in the morning skate or not. 

Bigger news is that Samuelsson left the skate early and might not play tonight. A 100% healthy R Johnson is better than a 60-70% Samuelsson IMPO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Henri Jokiharju, Connor Clifton, Erik Johnson, Jacob Bryson, sometimes Mattias Samuelsson

Not surprised by this list.   Why not add Power too?  Seems to be near consensus here that he is bad. Many posters calling for him to sit or even go to Rochester.  

29 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Sure, but it will also be a challenge to the Coyotes.  Sabres are playing well now.

Sometimes they are.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.