GDT: Arizona @ Sabres - Mon. 7pm ET, Dec 11, 2023, MSG/ESPN+/SCRIPPS πŸ“Ί WGR πŸ“»

Spoonman

43 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We don't know if he was out there today. He isn't doing line rushes most likely but no idea if he skated in the morning skate or not.Β 

Bigger news is that Samuelsson left the skate early and might not play tonight. A 100% healthy R Johnson is better than a 60-70% Samuelsson IMPO.

JFC. The guy is hurt in the morning skate? I like Muel but this is ridiculous.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

JFC. The guy is hurt in the morning skate? I like Muel but this is ridiculous.

I took it to mean he was hurt blocking 9 shots in the last game and couldn't get through practice.Β  If that's the case, why *wouldn't* you sit him for Lil'J?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I took it to mean he was hurt blocking 9 shots in the last game and couldn't get through practice.Β  If that's the case, why *wouldn't* you sit him for Lil'J?

Agree on Johnson (the younger one). If he's not going to be in the lineup send him down so he can play every game. Obviously he goes on a western road trip if he's the 7th D-man but the team has been in Buffalo (an hour away?) since Thursday night.

Strange team. I watched them play Boston and they looked like garbage at first then for a while they were dynamic and dominant. Scored fast and quickly and then they were flat again later. So I guess they go in spurts. idk. Best not to take them lightly though, I think they are better than Montreal was. The physical we brought last game will be harder to do against them. They have some bigger and tougher players on their roster.Β 

Again though, you just have to beat these middle of the pack teams to have any chance at playoffs at all.Β 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yup.Β  I have been riding him a bit this season, but I do think he did play solid in large parts of the Bruins and Habs games.Β  He just seems a bit lazy this year, maybe careless is a better word for it.Β  Just stop throwing the puck away Muel.Β Β 

Yotes have a few good sized players we can use him is he is healthy and willing to move some people.Β Β 

5 hours ago, LTS said:

I haven't seen the Coyotes play but I will assume like many teams with "lower" talent they will play a hard checking, fast paced game... something the Sabres do not handle well.Β  I have low expectations for this game.

Their #1 goalie had shutouts against vegas and Caps during their 5 game winning streak. I’m with you on the expectations.Β 

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The bottom six of our forward group is abysmal. Β 

The holes in the bottom of the line-up are the product of years of sub-mediocre drafting after the 1st round.Β  This team can barely tolerate 1 forward injury, let alone 4.

I hate to say it, but assuming there are not any more injuries once Tuch, Quinn, Greenway, and Girgensons come back, then Okposo should be, um, "load-managed."Β  Also, even after sending Murray back down, we would still be 2 over the roster limit.Β  I recommend sending Krebs and Bryson down.

9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The holes in the bottom of the line-up are the product of years of sub-mediocre drafting after the 1st round.Β  This team can barely tolerate 1 forward injury, let alone 4.

I hate to say it, but assuming there are not any more injuries once Tuch, Quinn, Greenway, and Girgensons come back, then Okposo should be, um, "load-managed."Β  Also, even after sending Murray back down, we would still be 2 over the roster limit.Β  I recommend sending Krebs and Bryson down.

The sad part is Jost, Krebs, KO, and Z are all former 1st rd picks. Β 

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The sad part is Jost, Krebs, KO, and Z are all former 1st rd picks. Β 

KO is just old.Β  Krebs has some growing to do (I hope).Β  Z turned himself into a checker because that was what he figured that he needed to do to stay in the league.Β  Jost is a marginal NHLer.

We need to remember that the hit rate for 1st round picks plummets from pick 1 rather quickly -- and I am using "hit rate" rather loosely here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.