GDT Sabres @ Hurricanes Saturday Dec 2, 7pm MSG ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

Sabres 10-11-2 / 22pts

Hurricanes 13-8-1 /27pts

images-1.jpg.0ab982ca81812ef99581495ed6fc6b79.jpg

A pair of Eastern Conference teams take to the ice in search of two points down in the Tar Heel State. The Buffalo Sabres are on the road as they make the trip to take on the Carolina Hurricanes Saturday night. Buffalo was in action on the road against St. Louis Thursday night and was on the wrong end of a 6-4 score. Carolina was at home as they hosted the Islanders Thursday night in their previous contest, suffering a 5-4 overtime loss. In the last 10 meetings between the teams, the Hurricanes own a commanding 8-2 advantage. That includes a 3-2 overtime victory at home in the first matchup this season back on November 7.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/12-2-2023/buffalo-sabres-vs-carolina-hurricanes-prediction-9791/

Injury Report

https://www.live5news.com/sports/betting/2023/12/02/hurricanes-sabres-nhl-injury-report/

Edited by Shoot da Puck
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboy said:

I went to at least 6 games down in Raleigh when I lived there. By far the most annoying fans I’ve ever been around. Time to beat them in their own barn. Comrie steals one tonight 4-3 GO SABRES.

That would be an above average game for him. At this point I guess I would take it...

I went to at least 6 games down in Raleigh when I lived there. By far the most annoying fans I’ve ever been around. Time to beat them in their own barn. Comrie steals one tonight 4-3 GO SABRES.

Ok @buffaloboy I live in DFW TX. In my experience starzz fans are the worst. OK to be honest I despise cows and twinkle fans as a conglomerate.

Known in 90's as the cocaine and boob job crowd, and definitely fair weather fandom. Example, previous years local Buffalo backers got group seating lower bowl for Sabres games - twinkles did good last year, so now all sold out with season ticket buyers. So we are in upper deck this year (April 9, for those keeping score).

Some examples:

• Please remove your hats for the National Anthem. The crowd all yell "stars" over the national anthem where the word is sung, but are pissed when a player in protest takes a knee during same.
  • They (in general) don't understand the game as well (OK, admittedly, this is old buy memory, as they have been in DAL for - gasp - 30 yrs.). OK, so I give them a sliver of knowledge, but no more. 
  • I loved the movie Dances with Wolves, but the Tatonka buffalo scene is played on jumbo tron* is trite (*dating myself again?)
  • Of course the 1999 no goal is played on same (note: I did go to one Stanley cup game in DAL - we lost - ugh.)
  • Comments from cow, starzz (or twinkles) fans over the years: 
    • What's the area code in Buffalo - 044
    • Good goal, despite no review
    • Getting heckled wearing my Bills coat at local grocery store when shopiing back in 90's SB years.
    • Oh, and the Buck Fuffalo crap everywhere.... well Duck Fallas!

OK, gotta quit, my anxiety is up, need to go schedule time with my sport psychologist ...

Edited by Spoonman
  • Haha (+1) 2

I think Meatballs rolls it back with UPL UPL was not as bad as the score indicates (he had one or two he could have stopped, but no help from the 5 in front). Comrie in between the pipes for matinee tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Ok @buffaloboy I live in DFW TX. In my experience starzz fans are the worst. OK to be honest I despise cows and twinkle fans as a conglomerate.

Known in 90's as the cocaine and boob job crowd, and definitely fair weather fandom. Example, previous years local Buffalo backers got group seating lower bowl for Sabres games - twinkles did good last year, so now all sold out with season ticket buyers. So we are in upper deck this year (April 9, for those keeping score).

Some examples:

• Please remove your hats for the National Anthem. The crowd all yell "stars" over the national anthem where the word is sung, but are pissed when a player in protest takes a knee during same.
  • They (in general) don't understand the game as well (OK, admittedly, this is old buy memory, as they have been in DAL for - gasp - 30 yrs.). OK, so I give them a sliver of knowledge, but no more. 
  • I loved the movie Dances with Wolves, but the Tatonka buffalo scene is played on jumbo tron* is trite (*dating myself again?)
  • Of course the 1999 no goal is played on same (note: I did go to one Stanley cup game in DAL - we lost - ugh.)
  • Comments from cow, starzz (or twinkles) fans over the years: 
    • What's the area code in Buffalo - 044
    • Good goal, despite no review
    • Getting heckled wearing my Bills coat at local grocery store when shopiing back in 90's SB years.
    • Oh, and the Buck Fuffalo crap everywhere.... well Duck Fallas!

OK, gotta quit, my anxiety is up, need to go schedule time with my sport psychologist ...

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Haha (+1) 3

Tough matchup but this team has been following up losses with wins so that is what I am going with.

Comrie doesn’t fill me with confidence but then none of the goalies do.

Cozens turns the corner and pots one tonight. Benson continues his upward trajectory.

Dahlin crushes Kotkaniemi and gets 2 helpers.

Skinner revenge game, none of his passes cause turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

This was a once proud franchise.

Yep we were almost the proud Mugwumps, Buzzing Bees, or Flying Zeppelins, but Seymour Knox chose Sabres (thank you SK!)..

“A sabre is renowned as a clean, sharp, decisive and penetrating weapon on offense, as well as a strong parrying weapon on defense.” – via NHL.com, NHL team nicknames explained. 

Now we dance! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Maybe we'll actually show up and try for 60 minutes

Let’s see:

0-5 minutes: great effort playing one touch during warmups

6-10 minutes: team comes together for off-ice stretching; everyone gives it their all

11-25 minutes: boys look sharp during pre game skate

26-35 minutes: couple quick, but efficient showers and a heck of a pregame speech

36-40 minutes: battle back from a rough start to give optimism at the end of the second

41-49 minutes: attack, attack, attack while down 3. Effort from all 18 skaters 

50-60 minutes: really honest and well thought out answers as to what went wrong tonight

yep, that’s a full 60 minutes  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.