GDT Sabres @ Hurricanes Saturday Dec 2, 7pm MSG ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

22 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Oh right, like the Ford family in Detroit for instance?

Also, the spirit of my reply was that a new owner two years ago or today doesn’t change the course of this current rebuild. If you don’t accept the Jack Eichel trade as an obvious pivot and want to throw poop on the Pegulas, go right ahead.  

Tell that to the guy who owns the Vegas Knights.  A new owner can change the course of future events.  Whether it takes two months or two years is not the issue.   Change has to start at the top.  If the leadership at the top is bad then organizational greatness will not be achieved.   He hires people he can control, and he does not hold them accountable to a winning standard.  Adams is still operating under Terry’s stupid and ridiculous “efficient, effective, and economic” policies.  I puked when he rolled that nonsense out and it’s worth mocking that stupid speech at every turn.   I applaud Boterill for refusing to comply.   

Sure, I will accept that the Eichel trade was the latest pivot two years ago.  So what?  Everyone knows that and it does nothing to fix the root cause.   But Eichel left because of everything that happened in the 6 years before that.  And the  only reason we got Eichel was the disaster of the 3 years before that.  All of the perpetual losing has ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR.  The root cause of this disaster is at the top.   

Wait until the trade deadline.  Let’s see how many good players come here.  We have tons of assets but no big hockey trades happen because good players with a NMC will not come here.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Tell that to the guy who owns the Vegas Knights.  A new owner can change the course of future events.  Whether it takes two months or two years is not the issue.   Change has to start at the top.  If the leadership at the top is bad then organizational greatness will not be achieved.   He hires people he can control, and he does not hold them accountable to a winning standard.  Adams is still operating under Terry’s stupid and ridiculous “efficient, effective, and economic” policies.  I puked when he rolled that nonsense out and it’s worth mocking that stupid speech at every turn.   I applaud Boterill for refusing to comply.   

Sure, I will accept that the Eichel trade was the latest pivot two years ago.  So what?  Everyone knows that and it does nothing to fix the root cause.   But Eichel left because of everything that happened in the 6 years before that.  And the  only reason we got Eichel was the disaster of the 3 years before that.  All of the perpetual losing has ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR.  The root cause of this disaster is at the top.   

Wait until the trade deadline.  Let’s see how many good players come here.  We have tons of assets but no big hockey trades happen because good players with a NMC will not come here.  

League can’t force him to sell just because he is a hockey dope and an intractable owner… 

Pity of it is the wasted talent under his control…

Pegula is either a hockey ignoramus autocrat or a hockey ignoramus patsie… 

Pick one.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Uh, no. Look at Pegula’s  full and complete hockey record.  FAIL.  it’s one calamity after another.  I can look at two years or twelve, or any period in between.  The amazingly consistent thing is losing, and hiring inexperienced people to run the team.  I’m talking NHL experience.  Literally everyone is a first time GM, or HC.  

we the fan base have been more than patient.  The NFL would have stepped in by now.  

As I said before, Pegula is the Hindenburg of Hockey. Don't know your history? Don't know what Hindenburg is? Here, I'm handing it to you. Oh the humanity!

If you missed it, Koziol and Hamilton unloaded on the Sabres in the postgame show last night…

https://omny.fm/shows/sabres-hockey/12-2-sabres-hurricanes-postgame-with-brian-koziol

Pick up Koziol at 10min… Granato at 16min… Hamilton at 20min… Cozens at 23min… 

Special Roundtable Pregame Show tonight at 6pm on the State of the Sabres.

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

That's fine. The abomination of a broadcast that disrespected the game and confused viewers in no way honored someone's memory. Rick's parents died. Someone stepped in and called the game.

They obviously never thought ahead or their backup was unavailable. ***** happens

1 hour ago, Believer said:

League can’t force him to sell just because he is a hockey dope and an intractable owner… 

Pity of it is the wasted talent under his control…

Pegula is either a hockey ignoramus autocrat or a hockey ignoramus patsie… 

Pick one.

Why can’t he be a hockey ignoramus patsie autocrat?

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

If you can’t change people, change people. And if you’re asking ‘WTF does that mean?’ I’ll use some emphasis.

If you can’t CHANGE people, change PEOPLE.

You need a guy who can change people though. Tochet seems to have managed it in Vancouver. Also, I remember end of last year Torts wasn't behind the bench in the trainwreck that was Philly. He was upstairs with Briere pointing out the guys that needed to be "subtracted". idk if that was it or not, but they do seem to have managed a culture shift there in one year. That team is not talented and is most definitely at the start of a rebuild but they are cementing a culture in place so that when Michkov gets there they should move up substantially. They beat Pittsburgh last night and although they lose a lot too they are competing most every night and are in the games and the games can be close. They don't quit like the Sabres. Now Flyers lack talent and can easily crash and burn this year. Sabres might end up with more points, but Flyers were tear down last year and imo they are building a better foundation for when their future youngsters like Michkov arrive. 

So who is the guy to change people in Buffalo? That's the question. and if they bring in that guy would these pampered rich kids listen and learn or would they just quit on him knowing that the worst thing that could happen to them was getting out of Buffalo. 

17 hours ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Interesting take. What is it about the effort, excluding goal-tending, from these last two games that leads you to that conclusion?

Why exclude goaltending. Which goalie in the system is a starter? 

How does a team play when they know their goalie(s) are subpar and let in every 5th or 6th shot?

Get a starter and go from there.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

How does a team play when they know their goalie(s) are subpar and let in every 5th or 6th shot?

You suggested that the only thing keeping them from being a playoff team is a real starting goalie. 

I believe their problems run deeper than that.

11 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

You suggested that the only thing keeping them from being a playoff team is a real starting goalie. 

I believe their problems run deeper than that.

I agree. I didn't say they are a contender but with a starter, the team should make the post-season.

This summer, the new GM can address the other shortcomings. The Sabres have a lot of young talented forwards. He can figure out which to trade and shore up the team's weak spots.

As I said earlier though, there's a lot of teams needing RHD and this is a position that is hard to upgrade via trade.

Edited by Ducky

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You think the team culture is close based on what? Fluff videos?

We know the culture is strong because the nicknames never stop

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

It’s been an unbelievably obvious elephant in the room Adams’ entire tenure. You speak the truth- sometimes it’s really the most obvious thing. It’s not just the gaping chasm of a hole, it’s the message it sends and what it’s a symptom of 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.