GDT Sabres @ Hurricanes Saturday Dec 2, 7pm MSG ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

It's time for a new coach .

Sorry meatball team needs a wakeup call 

New GM too.  Time to tell Adams and Granato thanks for the pipeline and cap space, but it's time to turn it over to guys who know how to translate that into wins.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

It's time for a new coach .

Sorry meatball team needs a wakeup call 

I’m inclined to agree at this point. But there’s only so much a coach can do. Somebody needs to take control in that locker room and hold other players accountable in no uncertain terms. Too many youngsters who don’t seem to know the first thing about what it takes to be a pro. I get the impression they don’t hate losing. 

Marty’s analysis is spot on  Muel on the second goal.  He made a hit, and the puck went into a high danger area leading to a goal.  But he made a hit.  

Blame the goalie, but this team does not play smart defense.   Maybe they should have <sarcasm on> taught defense sooner in theIr system.  <sarcasm off>

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I can't even bitch anymore. Granato can't get them past where he's gone it appears and Adams has flat out refused to bring in some protection type players to patrol and protect the younger guys. Let's not even beat the terrible D and goaltending deadhorse.

Every team plays a heavy game against us, they know it's successful, it works. Being patient isn't going to solve that problem, as a matter of fact, it's fostering a terrible environment for these young players, that's just the truth based on what were witnessing game after game on the ice imho.

True.  Carolina plays a heavy game all the time.  Most teams play that way.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Blame the goalie, but this team does not play smart defense.   Maybe they should have <sarcasm on> taught defense sooner in theIr system.  <sarcasm off>

Sabres are doing really good for high danger chances against and low danger chances against. They are doing really poorly for medium chances against. I'm expert, but I'll put high danger chances against on the defense. Medium danger... I put that on the team playing okay defense, but not maintaining zone possession.

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Most winning teams… 

Yes.....and how LONG has this franchise been a soft team.....seems like about two decades going on 3 now.  I simply don't understand why the Buffalo Sabres are perpetually the Buffalo "Wimps".  I'm not talking about goon hockey, but simply a collection of more than just one or two players who regularly play a heavy game and not afraid to defend their teammates.

3-0 now....way to go team!!!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ok, I just watched the first goal again, and I feel the same way I have on a lot of my recent comments. that isn't coaching. That isn't the D.

The D were caught back by themselves, where the heck are the forwards?  It was off of an offensive zone faceoff, The d-men had to cover the whole zone and make decisions because NONE of the forwards hustled back.

That is not on the D, that is not on coaching (directly). These Forwards are awful. When the shot was taken, Cozens was just trailing into the zone and Benson? He was still at center ice and coasting.  AFTER AN OFFENSIVE ZONE FACEOFF.

2nd goal, they take the puck out of their zone, skate through the forecheck like it isn't even there. Who's the right wing? Biro?  No where near his side and that is where the goal comes from.

This D is not the problem. The forwards absolutely are hideous and playing positionallly and backchecking.  I don't think I've ever seen a team worse.

Edited by mjd1001

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.