AITAH?

Doohickie

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Those of you on Reddit know what that means... for those who don't it stands for "Am I The *** Hole?"

In my case, lately.... yes I am.

I realized I'm arguing out of my butt with people that I actually respect but are on the different sides of issues.

I looked in the metaphorical mirror and examined several of my posts lately and realized that in a lot of the spats I'm getting into:

1. I really don't have a firm footing for my position, other than it's how I feel.
  2. Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't matter anyway.  I just want to watch the Sabres, and hopefully watch the Sabres win.

I enjoy this forum because I *do* learn a lot about the team and gain insights I don't get elsewhere.  That has value to me.  But I am far from the most informed fan here, and it's presumptuous of me to think I know more than most of the people here; in fact the opposite is true. 

I realize that lately I've been kind of a **** in debating various views about the Sabres.  But in most cases, Points 1 and/or 2 above apply.

So I'd like to apologize for being a ****.  I'd like to apologize to the people I've disagreed with recently.  A lot of Sabrespace has been frustrated with the way the season has gone thus far, myself included, and I realize I've been taking it out on other people, and needlessly so.

Sorry.

Good Night Cat GIF

Apparently there are people with inside info who say they know what's going on and something ominous is afoot because our GM couldn't close a local boy with a bad hip who didn't want to be "tied down" by a multi year deal.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

34 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Those of you on Reddit know what that means... for those who don't it stands for "Am I The *** Hole?"

I realized I'm arguing out of my butt with people that I actually respect but are on the different sides of issues.

I looked in the metaphorical mirror and examined several of my posts lately and realized that in a lot of the spats I'm getting into:

1. I really don't have a firm footing for my position, other than it's how I feel.
  2. Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't matter anyway.  I just want to watch the Sabres, and hopefully watch the Sabres win.

I enjoy this forum because I *do* learn a lot about the team and gain insights I don't get elsewhere.  That has value to me.  But I am far from the most informed fan here, and it's presumptuous of me to think I know more than most of the people here; in fact the opposite is true. 

I realize that lately I've been kind of a **** in debating various views about the Sabres.  But in most cases, Points 1 and/or 2 above apply.

So I'd like to apologize for being a ****.  I'd like to apologize to the people I've disagreed with recently.  A lot of Sabrespace has been frustrated with the way the season has gone thus far, myself included, and I realize I've been taking it out on other people, and needlessly so.

Sorry.

Good Night Cat GIF

You know what they say, you are what you eat.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Sorry.

Good Night Cat GIF

Cut It Out GIF by Desus & Mero

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Of course you're AITHA.... but i's the internwebs that newfangled thing. I argue out of my butt, knowing I'm not gonna slugged. Back in the way back '80's my brother and his friends would get drunk and argue whether a pea shooter really shot a a pea, which it did and seek a fight if others said it was a plant in a bar with Niagara Falls people I can remember many times when I got kicked in the face, because of them... I fought back but, boy I took a licking as those idiots (my brother and said friends) just wanted to brawl.... Here you may get a little pissed off and think, but you don't have explain the shiner the next day... and listen to your better half telling you to lose the friends... It is all perspective!!!

Edited by Standing Room Smoking Cigs
new wording
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Sorry.

Good Night Cat GIF

FWIW, I seldom, if ever, take anything personal, especially regarding interaction on a message board. Also, I don’t have to ask, I know I am the as..ole more then my share of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Someone was hitting the sauce last night.

Drunk Silent Film GIF by Det Danske Filminstitut

Oddly... no.

I just looked at my posts over several threads and decided that wasn't me... or at least not the way I like to think about myself.

Maybe that's the point:  I was sober when I noticed that.

15 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I have no idea what you are talking about this Reddit thing.

It's a section of Reddit where people post situations they find themselves in, usually something that's emotionally charged and the person has staked out a certain position.  Maybe people close to the situation tell them they're in the wrong, so they post the situation to Reddit forum in the AITAH area and people weigh in.  Typically, if someone is asking if they are the AH, they are the AH.  It's half advice column, half train wreck.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's a section of Reddit where people post situations they find themselves in, usually something that's emotionally charged and the person has staked out a certain position.  Maybe people close to the situation tell them they're in the wrong, so they post the situation to Reddit forum in the AITAH area and people weigh in.  Typically, if someone is asking if they are the AH, they are the AH.  It's half advice column, half train wreck.

We don't need anything like that here.  We all know who the jackasses are.  You aren't one.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Sorry.

Good Night Cat GIF

So you admit to your crimes, that's good. Still, it seems appropriate that jail time is warranted. At least a month in the slammer!   

18 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

We all know who the jackasses are.  You aren't one.

That's very nice of  you to say, but I know better.

12 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So you admit to your crimes, that's good. Still, it seems appropriate that jail time is warranted. At least a month in the slammer!   

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

FWIW, I seldom, if ever, take anything personal, especially regarding interaction on a message board. Also, I don’t have to ask, I know I am the as..ole more then my share of the time.

You suck.😁

49 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I feel like if people have to ask, they probably already know the answer.  But anyway, if you're being a dick around here lately, I haven't noticed.  But then again, I barely ever notice who I'm even responding to anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Can you tell I was raised Catholic?  "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned...."

Say 3 Our Fathers, 2 Hail Marys, and a Glory Be.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Sorry.

Good Night Cat GIF

I try to not go at people too hard, but with some people, I have gone back and forth really hard on some topics.  It can get heated.  What I try to do is look at everyones screename and recognize those people who interact with me....but not to remember the conversations too hard.

I'm sure I have gone back and forth with you over the last few years on some pretty heated things, but after a day or two goes by I end up liking a post or yours or you (and others) do the same to me.

I think its ok to argue on here...as long as it doesn't get TOO personal..and as long as we don't hold that grudge for too long.

17 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

as long as it doesn't get TOO personal

What triggered this post is that I realized I was getting too personal with a couple different people on a couple different subjects.  And I thought to myself.... am I really like this?  And I realized I was getting too caught up in and frustrated with something that's supposed to be fun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.