AITAH?

Doohickie

37 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

What triggered this post is that I realized I was getting too personal with a couple different people on a couple different subjects.  And I thought to myself.... am I really like this?  And I realized I was getting too caught up in and frustrated with something that's supposed to be fun.

I did notice that you deleted a response to me. That particular one was incredibly tame and lives on in quote form. 

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

I did notice that you deleted a response to me. That particular one was incredibly tame and lives on in quote form. 

Eh.  It was part of a trend.  Maybe it was normal discourse for the forum but to me the trend was not healthy in my mind.

On 11/28/2023 at 6:40 PM, Doohickie said:

Those of you on Reddit know what that means... for those who don't it stands for "Am I The *** Hole?"

In my case, lately.... yes I am.

I realized I'm arguing out of my butt with people that I actually respect but are on the different sides of issues.

I looked in the metaphorical mirror and examined several of my posts lately and realized that in a lot of the spats I'm getting into:

1. I really don't have a firm footing for my position, other than it's how I feel.
  2. Whether I'm right or wrong doesn't matter anyway.  I just want to watch the Sabres, and hopefully watch the Sabres win.

I enjoy this forum because I *do* learn a lot about the team and gain insights I don't get elsewhere.  That has value to me.  But I am far from the most informed fan here, and it's presumptuous of me to think I know more than most of the people here; in fact the opposite is true. 

I realize that lately I've been kind of a **** in debating various views about the Sabres.  But in most cases, Points 1 and/or 2 above apply.

So I'd like to apologize for being a ****.  I'd like to apologize to the people I've disagreed with recently.  A lot of Sabrespace has been frustrated with the way the season has gone thus far, myself included, and I realize I've been taking it out on other people, and needlessly so.

Sorry.

Good Night Cat GIF

You built an entire roster of memes for when any Sabre scores a goal. You can do anything you want.

Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah but he revels in it.

Hey, I’m not a super poster, but I’m around a lot. You and I didn’t agree on UPL, but you were never disrespectful to me. No angst, and you’re looking like you were correct. I also was happy to follow along your home improvement upgrades. I’m glad to hear you’re reflecting, but you good, fam. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Can you tell I was raised Catholic?  "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned...."

You couldn't have that in Church of England. "Vicar, I have done many bad things!

Well, so have I....drink 5 Bloody Mary's and you won't remember."

-Eddie Izzard

• Haha (+1) 3

21 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

We don't need anything like that here.  We all know who the jackasses are.  You aren't one.

@Sabres Fan in NS You rang?

image.thumb.jpeg.a9512ce9ca6f804db6aaae0f2b6300b1.jpeg

————-

BTW, in all seriousness, 

@Doohickie is a good Buf Bro & dog ‘uncle’ to my pup watching Bills games at our local #Bills Backers establishment.

Overall a big hearted dude ….

Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze!

Happy The Grinch GIF by Peacock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TheAud said:

You're one of my favorite posters here and I actually noticed you being an A-hole and figured something must be wrong. 

Usually a good thing to purge the soul and admit wrong-doing. Good on ya. 

Finally!  Someone who acknowledges my ass holiness.  No, nothing wrong, just got caught up in too many losing arguments at once and that put me in a foul mood.  I blame Sabrespace.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I revel in trying to show some of you the light. Pegula is terrible. Don is a fraud. Levi is not ready. These are easy takes to get right. If it earns me the ahole moniker so be it.

Why is Don a fraud?

IMO, like Angry Eleven pointed out over a decade ago, It's about the roster.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:19 PM, hockey said:

9 years of Catholic school here as well.

We know how to party.

I went to Maryvale and one of the bigger Catholic schools in the district was Our Lady Help of Christians, aka Chapel.  There were a whole bunch of kids that dumped into Maryvale after 6th grade and again after 8th, a lot of whom went to Chapel for their elementary years.  Yes, they knew how to party.  I'm convinced that two types of people sent their kids to Catholic school:  Devout Catholics, and people who thought sending their delinquent children to Catholic school would straighten them out.  The end result was that the delinquents got all the kids of devout Catholics smoking and drinking by age 12, and that in high school, the Catholic school kids were the ones always getting caught with cigs or drugs or whatever.

Strictly anecdotal, but that's the way it seemed.

On 11/30/2023 at 5:17 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Staring Darren Criss GIF

...with the precision of a surgeon.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.