IT'S GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres (9-9-2) @ New Jersey Devils (8-9-1) Sat 7pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

GMKA and team too in love with draft picks & wanna be here guys. 

Needed to get experience on the roster to teach young guns how to ride through the season. This would have included 1 ideally 2 4th line energy guys who can also provide some protection on ice.

Thanks to Girgensons, Jost, VO, all should have been gone. OK, you keep Oakie (a great leader in the room & C). Not all 4. Makes me wonder what the real take in the league on Sabres? They couldn’t get anyone with the needed experience & skills set? 

I have said this multiple times now. GMKA can’t keep all his boys- they are assets that must be used (on ice, trades) to make the team the best it can be. 

IDK - what say you? 

Yeah. Time to make some trades that involve prospects. Otherwise we are in another rebuild in two to three years trying to undo another losing culture.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I honestly believe that DG has Adams convinced that developing all these players in the NHL together is the best thing no matter how long it takes 

I am with you.  The kids again are being put in the line-up a year too early.  I hope it works, but I have my doubts.  See Krebs, Payton - Development of.

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I know a few of you will rejoice on Samuelsson being out for the game. Ugh 😔

I wouldn't call it rejoicing... Not sure what to call it.  He makes Pat Kaleta look like Cal Ripken and when he's been on the ice, he hasn't exactly looked good this year.  No sure what his deal is but he was supposed to be a long term solution on the blueline but he's become yet another part of the problem.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, inkman said:

He might be on your list but he’s sure as heck not on Kevyn’s list.  

He should be… Guy has value now… Let him get hurt and recover someplace else… Package him with VO and a couple prospects for a healthy D-man with grit… and a vet F.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I am with you.  The kids again are being put in the line-up a year too early.  I hope it works, but I have my doubts.  See Krebs, Payton - Development of.

Yep... There's building through the draft and then there's just utter stupidity.  These kids are nowhere near NHL ready but year after year this appears to be his "plan".  It's like he views these kids as NFL draftees but they are not even close to being physically ready for this. 

9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Oh come on now. Adams has been GM for how many seasons now?

I know right and he should have been bringing in free agents at reasonable prices because they just want to play here.  He also should have traded all our prospects for those solid excellent players with term, that every team wanted to trade.

Edited by 7+6=13
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.