GDT: Sabres @ Jets - November 17, 2023 - 8PM, 📺MSG-B/NHLN

SabresBaltimore

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

7-9-1

Its still early, but it can get late quick.

Hopefully get right back to .500 in a timely manner before the slide gets too outa hand

Not a boring hockey game 

It sucks to lose but I was entertained.

Need to win a couple in a row. If they play like they did in the 3rd they can do this.

Rasmus can’t play that hard all of the time but he stepped up tonight. He can carry this team.

• Like (+1) 1

Not much to say. They played better than they did against Boston BUT Winnipeg looks like an easier team to play against. They aren't going anywhere with that but no matter, Sabres gave it effort. Ultimately it's all summed up by the inexcusably bad 3rd Winnipeg goal. That was laughable. 

The ref whining has me scratching my head. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Another lose by the Buffalo Sabres digging more and of a hole to get out of if they want to make the playoffs this season. I don’t really have anything more than that to say accept how truly sad that the Sabres players have no pride. The gap between the Boston Bruins and the Sabres is huge. The Bruins just outwork teams they play the Sabres refuse to do that on a consistent basis in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Sabres Super Fan

7 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Lol I was right… he literally said “we’ve got to pick up our compete” 😂😂😂

Seems to me Granato needs to pick up his compete… He coaches the PP with Ellis… He dishes out game minutes, rewards, and punishments in practice… He talks to them before, during, and after each game… He is responsible for the sorry system his team is playing now.

Where is Adams compete?… No additional veteran help at forward… No grit and physicality on his roster… Not one tough guy or enforcer in the bunch.

Pick up their compete?… Start at the top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Believer said:

Not one tough guy or enforcer in the bunch.

Pick up their compete?… Start at the top.

It's not 1995 anymore. This idea is beyond outdated and no team in the league has an "enforcer". But I'll keep reading it because old guys remember that time at the Aud some crap skating talentless hack punched a dude. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • dislike 1

8 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Buffalo lacks coaching, what the ***** is the system they play? This team is on life support already and it’s not even 20 games in!

Yeah the way the Eastern Conference looks, it’s just about time to put a wrap on the season.  You can’t fall several points behind the pace and hope to hopscotch a bunch of teams after New Years.  Not gonna happen.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not 1995 anymore. This idea is beyond outdated and no team in the league has an "enforcer". But I'll keep reading it because old guys remember that time at the Aud some crap skating talentless hack punched a dude. 

Hmmm....because being soft school girls has done so well the past 13 years. Don't need an enforcer per se but could absolutely use a few rugged dudes willing to throw down whenever.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

The close regulation losses crush this team every season. Just cannot find their way to OT often enough. when times are tough they need to find a way to scrounge out a point and stay in this race. 

Granato needs to form a six man… Two Minute Special Forces Unit… whose sole mission is to tie the game… by aggressively shooting at every chance, crashing the net, swarming the crease after every stop… looking to get the puck across the goal line…

No wasting precious seconds looking to make a play… One pass and done…

Give it status… Make it elite… Reward success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Think you missed the crux of the post.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.