It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

Scottysabres

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

As I've said before, my lack of faith in this coaching staff (and management in general) was lost when they let Peca walk rather than making him an assistant. imo he'd be the potential replacement but at this moment I see few options. I mean who would we hire? Claude Julien? 

I hear Mike Babcock is looking for work. 

1000% THIS 👆. IMHO this was done because DG felt threatened knowing that Peca would probably be his predecessor if he stayed. Just like like when Murray forced lafontaine out. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Don't worry patrick kane will save us

He could be an upgrade from Okie depending on how well the hip thing. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Thank you for the show!

Raw unhinged emotion, calls for firings, “facts” abound, molding only the best conspiracy theories….

Critics Rave:

~ A must see!

~ Adults at their personal best, despite any expectations for better! 

~ Facts Schmacts…. believe me, no believe me……no look here!

~ It’s a wonder of human imagination!

~ Best use of my time since time waiting at the airport, hospital, or Drs. office……

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Spoonman
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

DG is not the problem.  KA is.  He has needed to add a veteran goalie for 3 years and hasn’t.  He needed to move on from VO this off-season and didn’t.  I thought he needed to add a 4th line center and move on from at least one of Z or KO and didn’t.  We are now paying for those mistakes.  Sometime developing youth is not enough to take a team to the promise land.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

No, it’s not time to fire DG  and staff. He will not be fired this Season… Unless… There is a absolute positive catastrophic bottom falls out failure week after week after week with no end in sight. Some might not like it some may hate it… But I believe that’s the cold truth.

IMHO - Granato is not the answer, but I agree he won't be fired this season unless the team collapses.  Krueger was fired after a 12 game winless streak and the team sunk to the bottom of the standings, but this team isn't so bad that it will repeat 2021.  What I do hope will happen is some changes in the assistants, especially for special teams.

• Agree 1

Although i'm not ready to fire him yet I do wonder if Donny is the guy for the final push into contender.

He's been good for the boys and their early NHL development but I'm not sure he'll be there when they really contend for the cup(he might)

I'm expecting a new voice to enter the equation eventually and push the boys farther than they've gone before. 

2 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

1000% THIS 👆. IMHO this was done because DG felt threatened knowing that Peca would probably be his predecessor if he stayed. Just like like when Murray forced lafontaine out. 

Well, I believe that someone was accused of being a jerk for noting a common grammatical mistake. So, maybe this will also be found haughty and pedantic, but since I am troubled by unintentional illogic, what you mean is that DG felt threatened, knowing that Peca would probably be his successor. Peca could still be hired as such, btw.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

As I've said before, my lack of faith in this coaching staff (and management in general) was lost when they let Peca walk rather than making him an assistant. imo he'd be the potential replacement but at this moment I see few options. I mean who would we hire? Claude Julien? 

I hear Mike Babcock is looking for work. 

Please turn the nostalgia off. Peca hasn’t been a head coach at any level. Granato has been a head coach at every level.  

I get it that people are impatient and frustrated, but this is just silly.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

I am sure Pegula thinks he found the BB & McD equivalent in KA & DG, but the bottom line is Josh Allen covers up a lot of mistakes of BB & McD.  

Bottom line…they won’t be fired in season, but another playoff miss regardless of circumstances, and KA & DG both should be fired.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I am sure Pegula thinks he found the BB & McD equivalent in KA & DG, but the bottom line is Josh Allen covers up a lot of mistakes of BB & McD.  

Bottom line…they won’t be fired in season, but another playoff miss regardless of circumstances, and they both should be fired.  

To bad really. Because as of now, I don't see them making the playoffs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Honest question for everyone.  Does it matter that DG has never been a part of an NHL team that has made the playoffs?  And hasn’t been part of professional playoffs since 2003?  He may be a good developmental guy, but do we want him to try and take this club to the next level when he doesn’t really know what that looks like?  If the answer is no, then why let this mismanagement continue for the rest of season?  Who would replace him in the middle of the season, who knows.  IMHO his trying to move this team any further is detrimental to the collective.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Honest question for everyone.  Does it matter that DG has never been a part of an NHL team that has made the playoffs?  And hasn’t been part of professional playoffs since 2003?  He may be a good developmental guy, but do we want him to try and take this club to the next level when he doesn’t really know what that looks like?  If the answer is no, then why let this mismanagement continue for the rest of season?  Who would replace him in the middle of the season, who knows.  IMHO his trying to move this team any further is detrimental to the collective.

It doesn’t bother me at all. Many coaches had a resume that didn’t include the playoffs, until they made it.   Granted as I see it, as of this moment in time, he still has time to get this team heading in a playoff direction. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I believe that someone was accused of being a jerk for noting a common grammatical mistake. So, maybe this will also be found haughty and pedantic, but since I am troubled by unintentional illogic, what you mean is that DG felt threatened, knowing that Peca would probably be his successor. Peca could still be hired as such, btw.

Might be better that he left, in the long run

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

It doesn’t bother me at all. Many coaches had a resume that didn’t include the playoffs, until they made it.   Granted as I see it, as of this moment in time, he still has time to get this team heading in a playoff direction. 

And I understand that prior success does not always translate into future success.  I just think that with how fragile this roster has become over the years that having someone behind the bench who has been there, done that, is a better option for this group.  To me it certainly appears as though they are starting to tune him out.  But who knows at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

If I was GM, I don't know that today is the day I'd fire Don. The replacement I am looking for is almost certainly not available right now. As a fan I am slowly coming to the conclusion that we probably need to do it, that he's hit his ceiling with these guys. But "fire the coach" sounds really harsh for the way I feel about him. I do not discount the gargantuan effort it took to get this team and these individual players from the 18 game losing streak, and being completely lost in development, to where we are today both as a team and as individuals. That is a real skill, it is an extraordinary skill, and I would be the first guy on the phone with a team in a similar situation, like the Sharks, to tell them - if you want to rejoin the league, and don't hire Donny, I don't know what you're doing. He is the first coach to put this team on a real trajectory since Lindy. He poured a lot of hours into fixing this team and we have a Hart-caliber center, a reborn Rasmus & Casey, and many more players to watch because of it. The next step is of a completely different sort, and the things I see tell me he probably won't wind up being the right guy for that step, but that doesn't erase the things he was the right guy for. 

That being said, since GM-Flagg isn't firing him right now, I will hope the rest of the season proves those instincts wrong. They have plenty of runway to do it. 

I still think our assistant coaches are not up-to-par and held onto out of loyalty more than coaching ability

And I have no ill-will towards fans who think they've reached this conclusion today and want it to happen today - contrary to what certain ice-cleaning machines would tell you, you are not a bad person for wanting your team to be as good as it possibly can be right away

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

21 hours ago, John Tucker said:

Not to me.

All first time coaches have never made the playoffs until they do.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If I was GM, I don't know that today is the day I'd fire Don. The replacement I am looking for is almost certainly not available right now. As a fan I am slowly coming to the conclusion that we probably need to do it, that he's hit his ceiling with these guys. But "fire the coach" sounds really harsh for the way I feel about him. I do not discount the gargantuan effort it took to get this team and these individual players from the 18 game losing streak, and being completely lost in development, to where we are today both as a team and as individuals. That is a real skill, it is an extraordinary skill, and I would be the first guy on the phone with a team in a similar situation, like the Sharks, to tell them - if you want to rejoin the league, and don't hire Donny, I don't know what you're doing. He is the first coach to put this team on a real trajectory since Lindy. He poured a lot of hours into fixing this team and we have a Hart-caliber center, a reborn Rasmus & Casey, and many more players to watch because of it. The next step is of a completely different sort, and the things I see tell me he probably won't wind up being the right guy for that step, but that doesn't erase the things he was the right guy for. 

That being said, since GM-Flagg isn't firing him right now, I will hope the rest of the season proves those instincts wrong. They have plenty of runway to do it. 

I still think our assistant coaches are not up-to-par and held onto out of loyalty more than coaching ability

And I have no ill-will towards fans who think they've reached this conclusion today and want it to happen today - contrary to what certain ice-cleaning machines would tell you, you are not a bad person for wanting your team to be as good as it possibly can be right away

Thing is, the HC sets the tone, he doesn't need to be the X & O's guy.  But if he isn't the X&O's guy, he needs really good ones under him.  At an absolute minimum, they have to have an assistant that can run the PP.  With the exception of a 6 or so week stint last season when the PP was the best in the league, the PP has been broken during the entirely of Granato's tenure.  He & Adams needed to be more ruthless this off-season to fix that.  It is disappointing that they didn't make at least that move within their coaching ranks.  And had they punted the entirety of the AC's, wouldn't have been upset.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.