Better trade candidate - Lawson Crouse

Crusader1969

26 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

6’4. 215lbs 26 year old with decent contract. 

has had back to back 20 goal + seasons, kills penalties , fights   

Would have to overpay to get him but he is exactly what this team  needs

We currently have one of the better PKs in the league. What is the need for another forward when our system is stacked with forwards. The fighting issue makes no sense to me. Playing hard and tough has little to do with fighting. That's what we need more! For those who are enamored with fighting I recommend that you attend MMA events. Cozens got involved in a fight just to prove whatever he was trying to prove. He's fortunate that he didn't get a lingering concussion that would have kept him out for the rest of the season. 

• Thanks (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would we trade for forwards?  Seriously.

We need goaltending and we need accountability.

Because he would be a better replacement for Olofsson than a rookie, while the team is supposedly all-in for a playoff run.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

they just played last night with 11 forwards and one of them was Olofsson

they had to play 2 lines for the last 10 mins of the game 

that’s a team that needs forwards 

There is nothing unusual that coaches shortened their bench at the end of a game. It happens all the time. It's a routine practice that all coaches employ. 

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We currently have one of the better PKs in the league. What is the need for another forward when our system is stacked with forwards. The fighting issue makes no sense to me. Playing hard and tough has little to do with fighting. That's what we need more! For those who are enamored with fighting I recommend that you attend MMA events. Cozens got involved in a fight just to prove whatever he was trying to prove. He's fortunate that he didn't get a lingering concussion that would have kept him out for the rest of the season. 

You can tell me they are stacked at forward right now when they don’t have room for Olofsson in the line up 

If you want to start talking about next year ,  it’s almost 100% that Okposo  and possibly even Girgs isn’t back.  Who’s replacing their size and PK abilities??

yes Crouse will fight but he’s scored over 40 goals in the last 2 seasons

and those wanting to trade for a goalie, please provide one name that would be available that’s for sure an upgrade to what they have 

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Wouldn’t it be good if they could at least have a 3rd line that they could trust last in a hockey game ?

As I said before, shortening your bench is a standard approach that all teams use at the end of close games. Why do you think that some of our best players play on the PK that is now one of the better PK units in the league? Coaches get paid to adjust to the circumstances of the game. Shortening the bench at the end of tight game is a tactic that every team employs. 

6 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

they just played last night with 11 forwards and one of them was Olofsson

they had to play 2 lines for the last 10 mins of the game 

that’s a team that needs forwards 

The team has prospect depth and skill at the top. But it lacks physicality and NHL level depth down the roster. 

We should be open to upgrading the forwards, defense, and goaltender. 

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would we trade for forwards?  Seriously.

We need goaltending and we need accountability.

The right forward would help.  Not sure who this guy is but we have at least 5 forward slots to improve upon. 

Accountability has to come from everyone.   You don’t trade for it. 

Edited by Pimlach

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

As I said before, shortening your bench is a standard approach that all teams use at the end of close games. Why do you think that some of our best players play on the PK that is now one of the better PK units in the league? Coaches get paid to adjust to the circumstances of the game. Shortening the bench at the end of tight game is a tactic that every team employs. 

Except the Stanley Cup Champions, they ran 4 lines religiously and they  still do.  

Shortening the bench is a sign of lack of depth and lack of trust.  It can work at times, but you don’t live by it. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Except the Stanley Cup Champions, they ran 4 lines religiously and they  still do.  

Shortening the bench is a sign of lack of depth and lack of trust.  It can work at times, but you don’t live by it. 

Vegas has a fuller (more talent) team than Buffalo does. That's why they are the SC Champions. The coach has to make decisions based on the talent he has. He's not going to rely on a strategy that is more suitable for another team than on his team. The unvarnished reality is that Vegas is a Cup contending team while we are a playoff contending team. From a roster standpoint, there is a big difference in talent and most notably, experience. 

Your comment that shortening the bench is a sign of lack of depth and trust. That's true; and that's exactly my point. That's the reason why most coaches shorten their benches at the end of the game when the circumstances dictate it. It is done to give the team the best chance to win.

Edited by JohnC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.