GDT: Islanders @ Sabres, Oct. 21, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Solid effort all around, Comrie played well but wasn't tested all that much. I thought Olofsson had a great game, Tuch started off rough once again but the fight definitely elevated his play. Cozens might be our best player when it's al lsaid and done of this core. Can we sustain this or was it a mirage? I don't know but I'll enjoy this 1!!! See you all again Monday.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

It was great to see Comrie play so good early when we were not really in synch.  I think the Sabres played their best game of the  season and they can play much better still. 

I like the big line and Mitts with Skinner and Tuch.   The BIG line was dominant at times - Tage had 10 SOGs.  The  other two lines played good tonight too.  Even VO looked like he was playing for his NHL life. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

That was a lot of fun. A big part of my frustration was it just wasn’t good hockey and it sucked to watch. Part of the problem with the drought just wasn’t losing it was that it was totally unwatchable hockey. I have had some PTSD the last week or so.

I liked this game. 

I’m also going to pat myself in the back as somebody who has pounded the table for Skinner - Mitts - Tuch and Greenway - Thompson - Cozens. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe this will actually help Levi.....it may take a little pressure off of him if he knows that the team's success isn't entirely on his shoulders if another goalie can hold things together???

Definitely. I hope it happens - that’s exactly what everyone was saying they wanted / felt we needed when they asked for a vet to be brought in. Clearly, KA didn’t seem all that confident in either back up, either, as we rostered 3 goalies and didn’t play either down the stretch last year. Need to preface by saying ONE GAME but if Comrie emerges as a competent “backup”, but in this case to, say, split starts more less 50/50 with another competent backup (backup +?) with Levi - goaltending could be good enough for now till it gets even better later with an experienced Devon.

Will depend on rest of team. Either way, today is encouraging 

Now it's time for Mexican BBQ!

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe this will actually help Levi.....it may take a little pressure off of him if he knows that the team's success isn't entirely on his shoulders if another goalie can hold things together???

Not just Levi, but the entire teams is probably breathing a sigh of relief.

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Mango said:

That was a lot of fun. A big part of my frustration was it just wasn’t good hockey and it sucked to watch. Part of the problem with the drought just wasn’t losing it was that it was totally unwatchable hockey. 

I liked this game. 

I’m also going to pat myself in the back as somebody who has pounded the table for Skinner - Mitts - Tuch and Greenway - Thompson - Tuch. 

Mitts plays his best with Skinner and Tuch.   Tage, Greenway and Cozens can be dominant.   That could be a lot of firepower. . 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

True.  Absolutely.   If Comrie can be 1B that helps Levi be his best. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not many would have imagined Casey as our current best player a couple years ago. Maybe GA

But a fair few would have when he was playing that WJC outdoor game in those Bills-esque uniforms. He’s kinda that, now. Closer to, at least

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Great game, after a mostly even first the Isles were slowly just overran by our speed.

If this can continue with these lines, does that mean Cozens is better used as a high pressure winger like he did in the WJC for Canada? He’s a solid center typically but he seems to play a bit looser as a winger. 

Poor Comrie lost his shutout on another own goal. Clifton played a solid game and still gets whammied by the own goal at the end. 

At least 2 players brought up stuff related to EJs conference so I’d harbor a guess it at very least got their attention. Good job old man. 

Greenway this year is probably what Adams wanted last year; he’s a solid PKer and definitely plays tough. 

Dahlin destroyed Pageau, I believe he did it to him last year as well

Mitts honestly took off from where he was last year immediately. Go earn that 6mil or so

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

What a huge win.

They stayed at it for all three periods, taking it to this tired team.

I can’t fault anyone for bad or lazy play, good effort all around.

Comrie was signed to be a starter, when healthy he has had success. Maybe he can push Levi and carry a bigger load than I thought.

Mitts was excellent tonight, Greenway is playing like a new man and JJP is a force on the verge of breaking out.

Mule with some nice hits and a goal.

They were even winning tons of draws.

Good building block game. Win the next one and start clawing up the standings.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.