Would you replace Olofsson with Savoie?

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It may be a disaster to put Benson with Cozens right now.

IF Savoi is in the starting line up for VO (not saying it will happen but if) there is little chance he moves to FL2.  There are Other options than Benson for sure, but who?  Kyle has been a guy who could move up the line on the right. But…  

6 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

IF Savoi is in the starting line up for VO (not saying it will happen but if) there is little chance he moves to FL2.  There are Other options than Benson for sure, but who?  Kyle has been a guy who could move up the line on the right. But…  

Good question. I am wondering now if those rumors about Adams looking for a forward this off season was tied to a VO situation. Not even a whisper on a VO extension, so I'm guessing he's going to get moved at some point this season. I could be totally off, but again, I'm just guessing.

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Why do we think Adams rostered Olofsson? 

He wasn’t good in preseason, but none of the younger players proved enough in TC to supplant Him. 

Adams did mention during his UFA Presser that they were close on a forward but it fell through. 

It wasn’t Thomas Tatar, but signing Him to a one year contract would have made sense.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He wasn’t good in preseason, but none of the younger players proved enough in TC to supplant Him. 

Adams did mention during his UFA Presser that they were close on a forward but it fell through. 

It wasn’t Thomas Tatar, but signing Him to a one year contract would have made sense.

Ok, well then my answer to the question under those parameters is that I’d keep VO on the roster as I trust KA’s evaluation skills. He sure looks right on Benson. 

I like the swaps he’s made, so, I don’t believe I have any issues with his skills as a negotiator. (Not to mention, the contracts). Also, more evidence of strong pro scouting.

I suppose if I had a guess then, based on the results achieved thus far and subject to change at the drop of a hat based on such, I’d say I merely have a strategic difference with Adams.

If we were playing chess, I think I’d be a fair bit more willing to make sacrifices to get what I want. 

The stats posted earlier show that after two games VO isn’t even close to our worse forward or skater.  We have yet to see Savoie skate a minute against NHL players.  Let’s wait a few weeks before we start chucking people to the curb.  So far Krebs, Z and KO have all been worse than VO.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Why do we think Adams rostered Olofsson? 

In one of the marketing videos from the Sabres last week he was mentioned "vic", maybe by Cozens?  Context was respect for those that have been here / piece of core?  not 100% sure but I was surprised to hear him by name and yeah I think that's why...we're not in the room, we don't know the dynamic.  Not defending it, just answering the question.  For me, Cozens is the big problem on that line.  Why he's sucking, idk.

• Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The stats posted earlier show that after two games VO isn’t even close to our worse forward or skater.  We have yet to see Savoie skate a minute against NHL players.  Let’s wait a few weeks before we start chucking people to the curb.  So far Krebs, Z and KO have all been worse than VO.

Here are Krebs, Zemgus and KO

647741BC-5A21-410A-8256-3FB17E05B974.jpeg

71A56625-A67A-4F89-9374-E193A154A660.jpeg

4CB7ABCF-5626-4EB6-88BF-4791A2C4BF68.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

In one of the marketing videos from the Sabres last week he was mentioned "vic", maybe by Cozens?  Context was respect for those that have been here / piece of core?  not 100% sure but I was surprised to hear him by name and yeah I think that's why...we're not in the room, we don't know the dynamic.  Not defending it, just answering the question.  For me, Cozens is the big problem on that line.  Why he's sucking, idk.

If this is the case, I’d probably take at least a swing at switching VO out for the best looking rookie. 

I’d sacrifice the guys losing a bit of camaraderie

• Agree 1

I would in a heartbeat.  Sign me up for Savoie, Kulich, Rosen... honestly anyone.  I feel like a broken record complaining about Olofsson, but I just don't think he is a good fit on a team that is already defensively challenged.  He exacerbates their already bad defensive issues.  

I suspect this version of the Olofsson experiment is an attempt to jack up his trade value prior to attempting to trade him when Quinn returns.  Just like with UPL, I think they might be better off just cutting bait since their value is minimal anyway.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Here are Krebs, Zemgus and KO

647741BC-5A21-410A-8256-3FB17E05B974.jpeg

71A56625-A67A-4F89-9374-E193A154A660.jpeg

4CB7ABCF-5626-4EB6-88BF-4791A2C4BF68.jpeg

From the Athletic

“4. Kyle Okposo, Girgensons and Peyton Krebsformed one of the best defensive lines in the NHL late last season. Okposo and Girgensons were brought back for their ability to play a reliable and direct game as part of Buffalo’s fourth line. That line has leaked chances against in both games, though. On Saturday, the Islanders had more than 94 percent of the expected goals when that line was on the ice at five-on-five. In two games, that line has generated only one high-danger chance and allowed eight against at even strength.”

I have no idea what your heat map is showing but 8 to 1 in HDC against vs for is enough of an indication that they aren’t getting the job done so far.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

From the Athletic.

4 . Kyle Okposo, Girgensons and Peyton Krebs formed one of the best defensive lines in

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

From the Athletic today, regarding the Zemgus-Krebs-KO line:

“Okposo and Girgensons were brought back for their ability to play a reliable and direct game as part of Buffalo’s fourth line. That line has leaked chances against in both games, though. On Saturday, the Islanders had more than 94 percent of the expected goals when that line was on the ice at five-on-five. In two games, that line has generated only one high-danger chance and allowed eight against at even strength.”

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

From the Athletic

“4. Kyle Okposo, Girgensons and Peyton Krebsformed one of the best defensive lines in the NHL late last season. Okposo and Girgensons were brought back for their ability to play a reliable and direct game as part of Buffalo’s fourth line. That line has leaked chances against in both games, though. On Saturday, the Islanders had more than 94 percent of the expected goals when that line was on the ice at five-on-five. In two games, that line has generated only one high-danger chance and allowed eight against at even strength.”

I have no idea what your heat map is showing but 8 to 1 in HDC against vs for is enough of an indication that they aren’t getting the job done so far.

0874212C-AC64-4DD0-A5E2-4D2C2D984CEF.thumb.jpeg.a9c05f4d8b67103fd5561d41521a79d4.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.