Sabres Prospect Updates 23-24

LabattBlue

On 2/26/2024 at 1:13 PM, K-9 said:

I appreciate the info, but I’ll still need verification from Sabres73. 

Dude, I'm from the Province of Saskatchewan. If you can't spell the name of one of our fine little cities, which I've been to many times, and keep making snarky little quips, it's disrespectful. Is it that hard for you to spell? I bet you have it in you.

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Sabres73 said:

Dude, I'm from the Province of Saskatchewan. If you can't spell the name of one of our fine little cities, which I've been to many times, and keep making snarky little quips, it's disrespectful. Is it that hard for you to spell? I bet you have it in you.

Saskatchewan =/= Alaska 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Someone needs to tell KA.

I'm sure he is aware of it. The more developed our high-end prospects are, the greater their value will be. This is going to be an important offseason for this franchise. I'm not expecting blockbuster deals to come from this cautious GM. However, I do expect a couple to few deals this offseason that will both improve and alter the mix of this roster. From a conceptual standpoint, the roster mix needs to make this team tougher. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

I love Saskatchewan. Please give my regards to Meadowlake and Swiftcurrent. 

3 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

Saskatoon! Also, does the name Sasquatch derive from Saskatchewan?

Edited by matter2003

18 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Is anyone going to talk about prospects in the prospects thread?

I talk about them frequently in this thread, including my update on Our Boy Savoie last night. 

What this thread doesn’t need is an anal retentive, humorless spelling teacher hell bent on correcting an innocent spelling error that has absolutely zero relevance on the content. It’s worse than the grammar police. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/29/2024 at 8:25 AM, Flashsabre said:

I’d like not to have the number 1 prospect pool anymore. It’s been nice for a decade but now we desperately need to be in the bottom half of the prospect rankings while talking about which team we want to face in the first round of the playoffs.

Also we are always told you can’t and won’t know how these kids will pan out for 2,3,4 or 5 years down the line then the athletic goes and makes a judgement on literally all 32 teams prospects in one fell swoop. I literally could care less how our prospects are rated. We haven’t made the playoffs in over a decade. Flip some of them for legit NHL players and lets get this show on the road. I’d rather have a NHL team everyone talks about for all the right reasons than a stocked kiddie squad. 

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Savoie with 2G 1A last night, up to 54 pts in 26 games. He’s ready for pro hockey.

Levi stops 30 of 31 shots to beat Belleville. Gets an assist as well.

Wrong thread. This is the Canadian spelling bee.

• Haha (+1) 3

This stretch of the Warriors’ WHL schedule is grueling as Moose Jaw will have played 4 in 5 and three in a row after Sunday’s game. Anyone know how to spell stamina? 

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This stretch of the Warriors’ WHL schedule is grueling as Moose Jaw will have played 4 in 5 and three in a row after Sunday’s game. Anyone know how to spell stamina? 

Hmmm...

Should I go to Savoie v. Ratzlaff tonight? I should.

Can I convince my wife that a junior hockey night will be the perfect Saturday date night?

• Like (+1) 2

Vsevolod Komarov is having a great season in the QMJHL. He has 62 points in 52 games for the division leading Drummondville Voltigeurs.

He is 7 points ahead of the next highest scoring Dman in the league. He won a Memorial Cup with the Quebec Remparts last season as a top 4 Dman, but is a go to guy with another shot at a championship this time around.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Great update for the Sabres here. Really glad they use analytics and are smart about how the draft, really good success story from 2021.

oh... wait I am sorry. We decided to draft Poltapov who will probably never matter instead because we got a russian fetish for a few years for some reason. I ranked him 21st btw... he went 51st.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Great update for the Sabres here. Really glad they use analytics and are smart about how the draft, really good success story from 2021.

oh... wait I am sorry. We decided to draft Poltapov who will probably never matter instead because we got a russian fetish for a few years for some reason. I ranked him 21st btw... he went 51st.

My consensus board had him 39th with only 3 of 14 analysts giving him a 1st rd grade.  Poltapov was 40th on the consensus board.