Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

I don't know if I love it or hate it, but the complete hypocrisy that hockey coaches, players and fans display in these moments is breathtaking.  As if the Senators would not respond to a player from another team acting as Grieg did and as if the Leafs would not be outraged if a player did to one of them what Morgan Reilly did to Grieg.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

15 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It SHOULD be a suspension but I bet it won't be.  HNIC announcers are so Leaf biased it's nauseating. 

Gotta be tough to play hockey. Except when a nasty bad man hurts your feelings, then you seem to be able to gloss over anything. 

17 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I don't know if I love it or hate it, but the complete hypocrisy that hockey coaches, players and fans display in these moments is breathtaking.  As if the Senators would not respond to a player from another team acting as Grieg did and as if the Leafs would not be outraged if a player did to one of them what Morgan Reilly did to Grieg.  

Score more goals then

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Disgusting!

I'm willing to bet there's a very tiny percentage of posters on sabrespace that know that podcast exists and would have never seen that. Now we'll all see it because you felt the need to share it. What is wrong with you?

39 minutes ago, Hank said:

I'm willing to bet there's a very tiny percentage of posters on sabrespace that know that podcast exists and would have never seen that. Now we'll all see it because you felt the need to share it. What is wrong with you?

Nothing. What is wrong with you?

This board is for discussion.

These aren't my words nor do i condone them.

People think they can say and do whatever they want nowadays without regard for who it hurts. 

Well, guess what? 

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Nothing. What is wrong with you?

This board is for discussion.

These aren't my words nor do i condone them.

People think they can say and do whatever they want nowadays without regard for who it hurts. 

Well, guess what? 

Seriously? What kind of discussion do you think will come from that? You really anticipate someone taking an opposing view on here that would facilitate a discussion? All you did was let more people know that idiot exists. Why? If you really want a discussion, I believe asking why you would share a video like that is a fair question. When I see a post like that my assumption is that poster has low self esteem and craves validation from other posters to feel better about themselves. 

"look everybody! This guy made a disgusting remark about suicide! I think he's disgusting! LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY! IM A GOOD PERSON!! VALIDATE ME!!"

I also don't think that's who you are. I was curious, so I thought I'd ask. As always, YMMV

5 minutes ago, Hank said:

Seriously? What kind of discussion do you think will come from that? You really anticipate someone taking an opposing view on here that would facilitate a discussion? All you did was let more people know that idiot exists. Why? If you really want a discussion, I believe asking why you would share a video like that is a fair question. When I see a post like that my assumption is that poster has low self esteem and craves validation from other posters to feel better about themselves. 

"look everybody! This guy made a disgusting remark about suicide! I think he's disgusting! LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY! IM A GOOD PERSON!! VALIDATE ME!!"

I also don't think that's who you are. I was curious, so I thought I'd ask. As always, YMMV

Boy, its a good thing i didnt start a thread about it then.

Simply put. I found it interesting and thought I'd post it. 

It appears to have triggered you. People losing their ***** here doesn't surprise me but I gotta say you are really making a bigger deal about this than it should be.

A discussion could be had about saying anything you want without giving a ***** who you hurt like the guy in the video and the fact that Laine heard it and posted a tweet on it. 

Would he have said that if he knew Laine was going to see it? I'm guessing no. 

42 minutes ago, Hank said:

funny-fight-slap.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:50 AM, shrader said:

The Reilly thing got me thinking. If there actually was a penalty for the Ottawa guy being a douche, what would the signal be for the call?

I really have zero problem with it.  You don't want it to happen?  control the puck, or better yet when you play poorly enough to lose a game, its going to happen to you.  Remember it next time you play them....beat them next time.   Even with all that, you STILL don't hit the guy in the head with the stick.   You want to make a statement drop the glove in front of him, wrestle him to the ground...etc.  Demand to your coach you want to go out for the next faceoff and address it on the ice there.  NOT doing that and instead going up high with the stick just FURTHER illustates the lack of toughness the leafs have.

Hear me out here, maybe if a league doesn’t want its players acting like jackasses (both parties involved), actually penalize players.  The wrist slapping that takes place in the name of “playing the right way” “shoulda kept his head up” “don’t put yourself in those situations” has lead to this. 

They want the players to police themselves but there is no real on ice retribution.  Maybe a tussle with the opponents similar style player.  (That’s another unwritten gem) Don’t go after a skill guy if you are a 300 PIM guy or whatever today’s equivalent is.  Don’t go after a guy if he’s 6inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter.  

They took away the teeth of the “hockey police” but don’t call penalties the way they should.  What’s that leave you with?  An unpoliced league where guys who understand the nuances (see that ass ***** Marchand) go unchecked doing whatever they please on the ice.  

If the league would just pick a lane.  Either 

a) call penalties that are actually penalties (the Greenway incident just a snapshot of the lunacy) 

b) let the players actually actually handle it themselves.  I’d love to see someone break their stick over Marchand’s beak with him writhing on the ice.  

Otherwise, this is what you get. Stupidity.  

• Like (+1) 1