GDT: 9/24/23 Buffalo Sabres @ Washington Capitals (Preseason) 2 pm -- Sabres.com Radio 930

bob_sauve28

The Washington announcers singled out Benson and Ryan Johnson for having a good game. Odds are that Ryan Johnson will start off in Rochester and get a lot of playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the season he will be called up. He's a mature player. I also won't be surprised if Benson starts the season in Buffalo for a 10 game introductory stint. The talent pipeline is rich and getting riper. The franchise is in a good situation.  

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

Jeez, relax. It is a pre-season game with no regulars in the lineup. It's not a big deal. "idiotic", "moronic" - really?

Yep - how hard would it have been to make the game a 7pm game? Might have attracted some Bills fans to go to, as it seemed half the football stadium was Mafia. I’m in favor of common sense, you?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

Greenway looks slooooooow.

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Greenway was very very impressive today. Really moving a lot better than last season. He looks healthy.

Interesting the differing takes.  Wish I was able to watch.  Hope to catch some highlights. 

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep - how hard would it have been to make the game a 7pm game? Might have attracted some Bills fans to go to, as it seemed half the football stadium was Mafia. I’m in favor of common sense, you?

I'm in favour of not losing my mind over a pre-season game with no starters playing. Apparently not you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

I’m wondering if anyone else who watched found the Caps broadcast extremely annoying. WWE-style arena announcer, replays during live action, bombastic ads, etc. Was it just me?

I had to turn off the sound, especially after they said Tage scored 50 last season.  They were awful. Maybe it’s pre-season for them also.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

I’m wondering if anyone else who watched found the Caps broadcast extremely annoying. WWE-style arena announcer, replays during live action, bombastic ads, etc. Was it just me?

Not sure who the announcers were, they didn't sound like Beninati and Laughlin.  They WERE quite annoying.

But the replays and ads complaints are simply because they were using the in arena video board feed.  (Basically the Caps did the AHL.tv style thing.)  When they are actually running a full broadcast crew their broadcast will be back up to NHL standards.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

This link is from Sabres.com. It gives you post-game interviews and summary.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/

Jost and Krebs both wearing the 'A'.  I did not see a 'C'.

Coach Granato ..

.. blah, blah, blah .. *physicality* .. blah, blah blah ..

God help me !!  @inkman - I need a hug.

23 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Coach Granato ..

Yeah, nobody (except probably Okposo) will be wearing a C in any of these preseason games.  Presuming he'll be the captain again this year.  If that's up in the air, even he might not get to wear the C before they head to the Island for the opener.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, nobody (except probably Okposo) will be wearing a C in any of these preseason games.  Presuming he'll be the captain again this year.  If that's up in the air, even he might not get to wear the C before they head to the Island for the opener.

This makes sense.  KO will be captain again this year.  Of that I am almost certain.  The only reasonable alternative would be for him to hand the C to Dahlin and take Dahlin's A in return.

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Coach Granato ..

I’ve given up. I actually used physicality in a post earlier today.   Hated it but it made the most sense. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not sure who the announcers were, they didn't sound like Beninati and Laughlin.  They WERE quite annoying.

But the replays and ads complaints are simply because they were using the in arena video board feed.  (Basically the Caps did the AHL.tv style thing.)  When they are actually running a full broadcast crew their broadcast will be back up to NHL standards.

It was them. And I agree with others that they were annoying. I don’t like the announcer’s little saying “Tokarski is guarding the net” or a guy with a penalty is “boxed in”. Laughlin went out of his way 3 or 4 times to point out that JJ was just lucky to get that bank goal.

Greenway was much better today then any point last year. He was skating much better, broke up 3 or 4 plays defensively, controlled the puck with his body and then made the right read to the point on Benson’s goal, was robbed blind point blank on the PP. I think some have just convinced themselves that he has to be a whipping boy so no matter how he looks they will revert back to last years criticism of him. And Benson looked really good playing with him and Jost. They want to make sure Benson is playing with NHL guys. He makes any line he is on better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’ve given up. I actually used physicality in a post earlier today.   Hated it but it made the most sense. 

I saw that post and just thought your account was hacked again.

Say it aint so Inky.  You speak English the most goodly of anyone I know.

3 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Two words .. Pre Season.

Before the Boosh trade I thought there was no way Bryson was making the Sabres. Now I’m not so sure.

Johnson and Novikov can’t develop fast enough for my liking. I can handle Stillman and Clague’s warts more than his.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.