Rosen or Kulich: who makes the Sabres?

LGR4GM

Kulich and Rosen  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick to make the Sabres roster in October?

• Isak Rosen
    • Jiri Kulich

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not really. I have this gut feeling that this is really in the works. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see it maybe more as marketing than anything else but I see it happening. Even if he's not that great it turns the conversation league wide and media wide. 

Kane can’t play until January so even his signing wouldn’t effect the out of camp roster

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Kane can’t play until January so even his signing wouldn’t effect the out of camp roster

"Out of camp" one of them has to beat out Olofsson. I don't think that'll happen at this point. It's not like last year when they needed people. This year the kids have to earn it completely, as it should be. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Pimlach said:

In coming years he going to get even stronger, hitting him is going to be like running into a slab of marble.  

I think he is ahead of Rosen, who also developed physically in the off season, which is very encouraging.  I think Kulich can jump over Rousek if he shows enough.  If not, then he is the first call up.  

I watched that play and 61 Riley Stillman got toasted. Had that been a real game I would expect that Stillman would of taken the body on that play. 

I didn't get to see Kulich play last year so i don't know how physical he is, but he sure does carry himself like a tough player. If he is physical like William Carrier and shoots like VO, we have yet another very special hockey player. 

• Like (+1) 1

i think the Rousek's have it. No reason to rush either of them to NHL. 

As my dad would say: We need Kane like a hole in the head.

He is not a good guy and is amongst the laziest players in the league at this point. who do we take off number one PP for him? Tuch? Thompson? Only place he provides value potentially is number one PP.

I assume anyone wanting to sign kane has not seen him play in 4 to 5 years.

On 9/23/2023 at 11:14 PM, GoPuckYourself said:

I really think Rosen looks like a different player out there, I really like his game as of now I'd say he'd be the front runner but Kulich is going to be awesome for us next year imo.

he look like he is ready to make a jump. If he can maintain in AHL for half a season this step up he is a good candidate to bring up for injury.

2 minutes ago, xzy89c1 said:

i think the Rousek's have it. No reason to rush either of them to NHL. 

As my dad would say: We need Kane like a hole in the head.

He is not a good guy and is amongst the laziest players in the league at this point. who do we take off number one PP for him? Tuch? Thompson? Only place he provides value potentially is number one PP.

I assume anyone wanting to sign kane has not seen him play in 4 to 5 years.

he look like he is ready to make a jump. If he can maintain in AHL for half a season this step up he is a good candidate to bring up for injury.

Not saying I want to sign Kane one way or another, but he easily replaces Skinner on PP1 and gives you A LOT better passing. Granted I've been a proponent of Skinner off PP1 for a long time as he's simply not good with the extra man. Kane's still an all-time great and may have something left to give and has the ability to make our PP1 a bit more dangerous. Imagine:

Tage Tuch Kane

Dahlin Cozens

As for ES, Kane would need to be sheltered ala Olofsson. Problem is, we'd need to pair him with someone that can actually bury the puck, not Krebs and Greenway.

2 hours ago, Derrico said:

How much longer before we can include benson in this discussion?  He’s too good for Wenatchee.

Yea but another year in jr allows him to add strength and work on his acceleration. He will be worth the wait. Also if his team stinks we might see him April for a hot minute.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

What about Savoie? Just tell him tough luck but your younger junior teammate is better, good luck next training camp?

Savoie is hard to project right now since he is injured but I wonder if he has an outside shot of making the Sabres. 

yes. The other player is better than you. here are things to work on. You are close but not ready yet. There are a ton of people on this board that think  players have soft feelings you need to protect. You don't. Tell them the truth. They know it already or lack self-awareness and people around them being honest. In that case they need to hear it even more.

26 minutes ago, xzy89c1 said:

yes. The other player is better than you. here are things to work on. You are close but not ready yet. There are a ton of people on this board that think  players have soft feelings you need to protect. You don't. Tell them the truth. They know it already or lack self-awareness and people around them being honest. In that case they need to hear it even more.

Cough cough...Tyler Myers...cough cough 

5 hours ago, inkman said:

What about Savoie? Just tell him tough luck but your younger junior teammate is better, good luck next training camp?

I’m not sure this should matter.  This is the nhl.  If you’re not good enough you will get passed over.  Should the expectation be he is gifted a chance before benson because of age?

2 hours ago, Derrico said:

I’m not sure this should matter.  This is the nhl.  If you’re not good enough you will get passed over.  Should the expectation be he is gifted a chance before benson because of age?

I was waiting for coach hardass to show up.  Thanks.  Savoie has to earn it.  The real kick in the butt is their Junior team, Wassacoochie or whatever, waiting to see if they are getting either of them back.  Gotta be hard to run those teams.  

Benson is the youngest but the most well rounded of the Big 4. His defensive game and instincts put him over the other 3 right now.

If you look back at teenagers who were not top 2 picks that ended up sticking (Bergeron, ROR) their advanced defensive games are what allowed them to survive if the offence wasn’t clicking for them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

IF Benson makes it out of camp (not a given, but a realistic possibility), could see them keeping Savoie around at least until his shoulder is healed and he gets a legit shot to make or not make the team.  He could get the conditioning assignment to the Amerks and if he shows he should be a level higher than that could get his shot in Buffalo.

As long as he doesn't get into a 10th game with the Sabres, it wouldn't matter as far as his ELC is concerned and the extra player getting carried wouldn't affect the team's ability to stay under the cap either.

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

It looks like tomorrow night against Boston we will see:

Skinner Tage Benson

Kulich Mitts Tuch

Excited to see how those lines click and how the two kids play with top NHL talent

I saw the roster for tomorrow but not the lines.  Very much assumed the regular top line would reunite.  They know what they have in the top line so don’t blame them.  Just a little surprised they may give Benson a game with TT and Skinner.  Should be fun. 

16 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I saw the roster for tomorrow but not the lines.  Very much assumed the regular top line would reunite.  They know what they have in the top line so don’t blame them.  Just a little surprised they may give Benson a game with TT and Skinner.  Should be fun. 

The first two days of camp they ran those two lines and had JJ Cozens Rosen as a line as well.  They will want to see how those lines play in a game so I fully expect those two lines get a look tomorrow.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:32 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Not really. I have this gut feeling that this is really in the works. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see it maybe more as marketing than anything else but I see it happening. Even if he's not that great it turns the conversation league wide and media wide. 

He's not ready to play though.  He's recovering from hip surgery which has ended some careers already.  So while possible, i don't think anyone's signing him until he has shown to be recovered from the surgery.  

2 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

He's not ready to play though.  He's recovering from hip surgery which has ended some careers already.  So while possible, i don't think anyone's signing him until he has shown to be recovered from the surgery.  

True, and I'm no doctor, but these days these athletes seem to recover from these things. Marchand had double hip surgery last year and he seems fine. No reason Kane can't do the same. 

Look, if we signed him I personally wouldn't expect anything spectacular. But 20 goals, 50 points, maybe. To me it's more about the marketing and the perception. Turning the page from loser to compete. Becoming a place where players want to be rather than having them add us to their 10 team no trade list. I really thing it's an opportunity to turn the page on every level. All depends on Kane though. He'd have to be into it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.