Unsubstantiated SabreSpace Rumormongering: Pegs is selling the team….

Skooby

I was told Pegs did the split to sell the Sabres at a profit, staying in-town wasn’t assured. Current arena is crap, he privately sold land all around there to eliminate assets. Wife won’t be around to change anything & she liked to run the Sabres organization into the ground, no longer a concern. 

Edited by Skooby
Yes
  • Shocked 1
  • dislike 1

• Skooby changed the title to Pegs is selling the team….
3 minutes ago, Skooby said:

Won’t spend the money necessary to revise the 1998 venue, league would like something modern somewhere new. Buffalo has decent tv ratings but small market. Oklahoma City looks to be the landing spot, other wealthy guy in town isn’t getting a hometown discount. 

Funny..... my source is beating the same drum.    Heard Bettman is looking south... OKC, HOU, KC.   

Hold up on Dahlin contract is due to the fact that a pricey long term deal will make it more difficult to sell the team. 

If a sale can't be arranged soon, they're exploring all optiions... including playing the 2024/25 season at Holiday Twin Rinks or Sabreland.

17 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Funny..... my source is beating the same drum.    Heard Bettman is looking south... OKC, HOU, KC.   

Hold up on Dahlin contract is due to the fact that a pricey long term deal will make it more difficult to sell the team. 

If a sale can't be arranged soon, they're exploring all optiions... including playing the 2024/25 season at Holiday Twin Rinks or Sabreland.

All that land never built on, lots of promises but no action. It’s odd he’d put on this big a show to only fail, you’d think billions would be enough especially after the serious health issues. 

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Is this a parody thread?  Because it feels like a parody thread.

Seriously, is this real or not?  I know some of the responses are real, but is there any truth behind this thread?  If not, this should be listed as a parody thread or some kind of joke because seriously there are a few of us that don't know if any of the posts are real.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Skooby said:

I was told Pegs did the split to sell the Sabres at a profit, staying in-town wasn’t assured. Current arena is crap, he privately sold land all around there to eliminate assets. Wife won’t be around to change anything & she liked to run the Sabres organization into the ground, no longer a concern. 

Not happening.

6 hours ago, Skooby said:

All that land never built on, lots of promises but no action. It’s odd he’d put on this big a show to only fail, you’d think billions would be enough especially after the serious health issues. 

Refresh me. What other land besides the lot he built Harborcenter on does he own downtown?

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Refresh me. What other land besides the lot he built Harborcenter on does he own downtown?

If he's selling land in downtown, it was probably purchased for the contingency of the new Bills stadium downtown.  Now that it's being built in OP no reason to hang onto any of this alleged land.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Skooby said:

Sometimes when I fart, poop comes out. People around me can smell it. They point their fingers at me and laugh. Some shout, "hey, there goes Mr. Poopy Pants!" It makes me sad.

• Haha (+1) 2