Sabres sign Defenseman Connor Clifton to 3 year 3.33 AAV Deal

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

I don’t think he plays much against top lines like Muel does.  

Muel plays over 22 minutes a game.  

Clifton around 17.  

Don’t get me wrong I think he can play there in a pinch all I’m saying is we are still looking for a partner for Power.  

You may be right in the long term, but in the short term this is the Sabres solution.  Clifton fills several holes for buffalo in the short term, and has certainly shown the ability to step up to a 4D role.  He will be given every opportunity to step up to this role on a nightly basis.  Very solid move i think.  You should not expect another signing or trade this year for a “4D”.  

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Imo, the PK cost us at least a dozen games last season. Analytically, Clifton is one of the best penalty killers in the league. I love this signing for that reason alone.

As you point out there should be better PK play. And there should be better blueline play due to the players added and the depth they provide to handle injures. Will our lines play a better two-way game? They demonstrated they can in their end of season run. If Levi plays as well as he did in his highly pressurized short stint, then this is clearly a better team than last year's team. The issue then becomes if UPL and Comrie are on the roster, will they have better years than they did last year. I believe so.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I guess I never really payed attention to him all that much. Just spitballing what I've listened to lol. 

I wonder if KA is done on D now. 

Do you really have to wonder? I don't even think we have to wonder if he's done, period.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Screenshot_20230702_121919_Google~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_121718_Chrome~2.jpg

Golden era?  One team hasn’t seen the playoffs during his tenure, and the other team throws up all over themselves once there. 

Still along way to go for both of them before crowning this a “golden era”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Downplaying or dismissing Granato‘s role in the acquisition of several players so far since he has taken over as coach, is ignorant in my opinion. Not to mention other players that aren’t even on the Sabres anymore praising what Adams and Granato are building towards. It’s a nice change. It’s nice to see.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.