Sabres Sign Defenseman Erik Johnson to One Year 3.25 Million Dollar Contract

Brawndo

4 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Sabres now have 3 former first overall Defenseman on the roster.

The Sabre's were the first team in NHL history to ice two defensemen drafted #1 OA in Power and Dahlin.   

Love this signing

Now here's a guy with loads of playoff experience providing much needed veteran leadership on the back-end.

Dahlin, Power, Samuelssom and Jokiharju will all benefit from his presence.

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah I'll be pretty pissed off that's all they do.

They need to trade for a top 4 defenseman 

You’d be pissed if an ant crawled across your driveway, so your ‘I’m pissed/I’ll be pissed is old news to everyone. These moves make the Sabres better. End of story. 

It’s July 1st and KA has months to try to improve even more before the start of the season. Reacting negatively now is just silly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You’d be pissed if an ant crawled across your driveway, so your ‘I’m pissed/I’ll be pissed is old news to everyone. These moves make the Sabres better. End of story. 

It’s July 1st and KA has months to try to improve even more before the start of the season. Reacting negatively now is just silly. 

excuse-me.gif

• Haha (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's a one year deal, overpay means nothing for this season, I'm into these 2 moves. It's better than nothing. 

Yes, that sums it up nicely. It is better than nothing. 

We are a better team after free agency than we were before free agency so it's a win. Not much better, but still better. 

(and of course it's not over)

Edited by PerreaultForever

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Most important 

erik-johnson.jpg

Like the fact the Colorado Captain instantly handed him the cup and told him to take the first lap around the rink with it. He was there when they had a 46 point season and I did read despite his so called limitations, he laid out every shift and was looked up to by all the players.That counts and KA is no fool. A one year deal to get someone of his ilk in the locker room as a major get for a team loaded with young talent. Respect well deserved. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Like the fact the Colorado Captain instantly handed him the cup and told him to take the first lap around the rink with it. He was there when they had a 46 point season and I did read despite his so called limitations, he laid out every shift and was looked up to by all the players.That counts and KA is no fool. A one year deal to get someone of his ilk in the locker room as a major get for a team loaded with young talent. Respect well deserved. 

He will be fine as a 6 the leadership is going to be great for the young guys 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

This guy sucks

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Meh  It's a 1 year deal he will probably be on waivers by Christmas

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah I'll be pretty pissed off that's all they do.

They need to trade for a top 4 defenseman 

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He will be fine as a 6 the leadership is going to be great for the young guys 

Nice progression.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think this is an over pay for a has been, but it does address the depth problem. Veteran leadership on D? I don't love it but I don't hate it. 

Suddenly too many righties? It will be interesting to see how the pairings end up but the depth has now been addressed adequately imo. 

I agree with the over payment. What happened with Brett Pesce? Please no Hellabuyck in net. Seen enough of him play Vegas the last six seasons and he ain’t all that. 

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

He will probably float between 4/5/6 depending on the game, injuries, chemistry etc … Just like a couple D were doing last season.

Rotate him from 3rd pair to 7.   Playing him less games will help him at this point. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.