Sabres Sign Defenseman Erik Johnson to One Year 3.25 Million Dollar Contract

Brawndo

32 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I agree, this couldn't be done with Eichel.  Of course he's an awesome talent but he needed to go somewhere he didn't have to lead - he just needed to play good.  We needed him to do both and it's not him.

A redundant post on my part, but I’ll post anyway to say that I agree with this 100%. Eichel was the wrong place, wrong time, wrong fit for the Sabres. And good for him for getting moved to an excellent veteran-laden club and winning it all.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I agree, this couldn't be done with Eichel.  Of course he's an awesome talent but he needed to go somewhere he didn't have to lead - he just needed to play good.  We needed him to do both and it's not him.

He didn't even have to lead in Buffalo.  There were veterans brought in specifically for that, people like Brian Gionta, Josh Gorges and Ryan O'Reilly.  But he didn't cooperate with them, he formed his own factions in the locker room, resulting in a dysfunctional culture for the team. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He's likely going to be a 6 or 7 and take some nights off to rest .

Given that you’re wrong about everything you ever say, I’m gonna guess he’s penciled in as number four.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.