2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

You can't count on a guy waiving his NMC like Hall did (and I don't know why he did).  

Also, why did Chicago help out Boston like this?

Probably for the same reason they let the Lightning dump Tyler Johnson on them a couple years back in exchange for Seabrook, who TBL immediately LTIR’d. Looks like they just like to help out teams in cap trouble for shits and giggles. 

23 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I know how much he’s beloved but serious question. Has he been any good with Seattle?

My post was entirely tongue-in-cheek; I'm not among the Sabrespacers weeping over his loss.

But yes, he was good this year in Seattle in a protect-the-house 3rd pairing kind of way.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Hayes from Philly to blues for a 6th rd pick

Edit: Hayes 50% retention

lol, Torts said this off season was going to be about "subtraction"

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Huge trade 

Flyers fans I know are ecstatic about this. Every single one of them wanted Hayes gone and nobody cared if they got anything back. 

They hated Hayes more than they hate Risto. 

These moves are being called the "un-Fletchering" of the team. 

19 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I think Chicago may pull a Tim Murray 

I don't think that's it. 

They need the contracts to get to the cap floor. That's obviously part of it, and they will eventually flip Hall to a contender like we did (probably for more) but a veteran power forward to start with Bedard isn't a horrible idea either. They gave up next to nothing. 2 AHLers. 

The big non Tim Murray aspect imo is dumping 4 million on Foligno for a year. This is the kind of move  Murray should have made with Eichel. There is no better leader, professional, mentor for young players than Nick Foligno. They're paying him to set that culture right from day one and he will. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.