A little NHL trivia...

Eleven

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Alright, I don't have any difficult ones off hand. So everyone gets a break with this one. 

Name the last 4 Sabres to score at least 80 points in a single season. 

Also I think I’m protesting my answer being wrong lol 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Also I think I’m protesting my answer being wrong lol 

Lol, nope! My guy had the primary on the final goal of the season. So he's last!😛

And I'll be honest with ya, it never even registered with me that Pominville scored 80 that year. I just knew in the back of my head that my guy was the points leader that year with 81 and no Sabre even came close to it for over a decade.

Edited by ubkev

5 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Lol, nope! My guy had the primary on the final goal of the season. So he's last!😛

Can’t believe I have to be That Guy in what is a great, fun thread. lol but if you look at the scoring summary of the last game, your guy’s primary on the final goal was actually his 81st point. The more recent to join the 80 point club was on the goal before 

I’m so sorry for being That Guy

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Can’t believe I have to be That Guy in what is a great, fun thread. lol but if you look at the scoring summary of the last game, your guy’s primary on the final goal was actually his 81st point. The more recent to join the 80 point club was on the goal before 

I’m so sorry for being That Guy

It's still funny. 

But no one can post a new question until the most hated Sabre, that has NO GOOD REASON to be hated in the least, has his name posted!

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I’m going to give you a high degree of difficulty (I hope): 

Who was the only player to wear jersey number 50 for the Buffalo Sabres?

I can give hints if it is needed. 

I know it’s a goalie.  Can’t for the life of me remember the guy’s name.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I can think of 5 players that played for the Buffalo Bisons and the Buffalo Sabres?   

Name them (and no internet).  

Fiddlesticks.  I used to know this one.

11 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Again, I obviously know one (Roger) but for some reason I also remember Al Hamilton played for the Bisons as well. One of my first, favorite players.

Roger Crozier is another one. 

Al Hamilton is the most obvious one because he played for the Bisons in their last 2 seasons, and then for the Sabres in their first 2 seasons. 

Thats 3 total so far, there are a few more. 

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

It is very common to say learnt in the UK.  

Australia too.  But not NA.

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I can think of 5 players that played for the Buffalo Bisons and the Buffalo Sabres?   

Name them (and no internet).  

I'm hopeless here.

• Haha (+1) 1

Trying to confirm a guy was pretty sure had played with the Bisons but turned out to be wrong, accidentally found out 1 of the correct answers.  Won't give his name, but will give the clues that he was a Bison from '61-'64 and went to the Phlyers after an early '70's stint with the Sabres.

In addition to Crozier, Dryden, and Al Hamilton, There are 4 more Bison-Sabres.  

Hints  

One is a popular figure in Sabres history.

One is an obscure player.  

Two were good NHL players that played for the Bisons briefly when they were young, and then played for the Sabres briefly when they were old. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.