A little NHL trivia...

Eleven

2 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Titanic (fitting name) should be part of another trivia question.  How many 1st rounders have played at least 15 games in the NHL and not registered a single point.

Darn shame for him that he didn't wear 97 or 98 rather than 19.  Might've gotten more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.  😉

And your question is a good one.  But it could actually get tweaked slightly further: how many played at least that many games and didn't end up with ANY of the truly "traditional" stats (G, A, P, PIM)?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

I’d have to look it up but does Artu R2(have no idea on spelling either)

Only 35 NHL games to date.  He could eventually become a member of this exclusive club but at present he doesn't meet the (admittedly arbitrarily chosen) games played threshold.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Only 35 NHL games to date.  He could eventually become a member of this exclusive club but at present he doesn't meet the (admittedly arbitrarily chosen) games played threshold.

I think that eliminates my other guess, Antipin as well, although without looking it up, I think he was close

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

I think that eliminates my other guess, Antipin as well, although without looking it up, I think he was close

47 games.  Only stayed in the NHL that 1 year.

I'll give another clue tomorrow if people still aren't coming up with any of the other 4.

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

47 games.  Only stayed in the NHL that 1 year.

I'll give another clue tomorrow if people still aren't coming up with any of the other 4.

Ok, can’t believe I didn’t remember 

Casey Nelson.

And, if you are not counting WHA, I think Randy Wyrozub(not sure if spelling) may have played enough games.
First player I was really wrong about. I thought he was going to be great. I always picked him in strato matic hockey.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Ok, can’t believe I didn’t remember 

Casey Nelson.

And, if you are not counting WHA, I think Randy Wyrozub(not sure if spelling) may have played enough games.
First player I was really wrong about. I thought he was going to be great. I always picked him in strato matic hockey.

Wyrozub would've counted, but decided (for simplicity's sake) to not include players that did go to the WHA.  Because the reference used to determine whether these players played on other NHL teams doesn't differentiate whether a player played for one of the 4 WHA/NHL cross over teams during the time the team was WHA nor NHL.

But pretty sure the only 2 players that got eliminated by that distinction were Wyrozub and Dudley (who actually played for 2 different WHA teams).

And good call on Nelson.  He's the guy that IMHO was totally forgetable.

Just now, Taro T said:

Wyrozub would've counted, but decided (for simplicity's sake) to not include players that did go to the WHA.  Because the reference used to determine whether these players played on other NHL teams doesn't differentiate whether a player played for one of the 4 WHA/NHL cross over teams during the time the team was WHA nor NHL.

But pretty sure the only 2 players that got eliminated by that distinction were Wyrozub and Dudley (who actually played for 2 different WHA teams).

Yeah, I was pretty sure WHA eliminated him. I have no idea who the other three are

Just now, tom webster said:

Yeah, I was pretty sure WHA eliminated him. I have no idea who the other three are

Considering you are one of only 3 that still seem to be trying, will give the clue early.  All 3 were Sabres during the Sabres 2nd decade of existance.

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Considering you are one of only 3 that still seem to be trying, will give the clue early.  All 3 were Sabres during the Sabres 2nd decade of existance.

First guy I thought of was Mike Moller but I’m pretty sure he had a cup of coffee with someone. Second guy I’m drawing a complete blank on his name but I remember a defenseman that left and went back to Europe after playing a few years here.

I hate you because I’m either going to be up late trying to remember the name or I’m going to wake up about 2:30 with his name.
If the other two fell between 1983-1986 I’ll never think of them as they were my “lost weekend.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.