GDT: The real semifinal. Round 3.

Eleven

10 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

He's an NHL ref now?  Like father like son... pos refs... He was reffing in hockey East 2 years ago and sucked then... not a surprise get him a bag of donuts...

image.png.538acd1f23861cc14803b9aa77e6fc36.png

Hard not to be a fan favorite when you play hard, fight for your team, and make Rock/Pop records in the off season. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that was a marathon. That game was sweet justice for us west coasters who have to put up with those 4 pm starts all year. A fine evening's entertainment. 

Huge win for Florida. Will be interesting to see if either team can play decently next game. 

Hate to say it, but Montour has incredible stamina and/or skating ability. Massive minutes. JBot was right in his evaluation I guess, but I also guess he only plays when he wants to as he sucked in Buffalo and Anaheim wasn't thrilled with him either. 

I just think he grew up physically and is playing in his prime right now.   He is stronger and much more confident.  They say defenseman take awhile, he is 29.   

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I just think he grew up physically and is playing in his prime right now.   He is stronger and much more confident.  They say defenseman take awhile, he is 29.   

I suppose that's possible, but 28 to 29 is pretty late for a development curve. Maybe he just thrives in the sunshine. 

I don't think I ever have seen two teams skate more slowly and play with less urgency in a semi-final before.  It's like they're both treating it like a game in November.  Maybe the third will be different, but this is NOT NHL semi-final playoff hockey.

Edited by Eleven

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't think I ever have seen two teams skate more slowly and play with less urgency in a semi-final before.  It's like they're both treating it like a game in November.  Maybe the third will be different, but this is NOT NHL semi-final playoff hockey.

Doesn’t seem to be any animosity between them either. That will probably come.

It’s not like they don’t know each other.

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Doesn’t seem to be any animosity between them either. That will probably come.

It’s not like they don’t know each other.

Right?  It's weird.  Now that Las Vegas is up in the third, maybe we'll see some urgency.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Ya, but it is. Just so happens that both teams play a similar shutdown style. I predicted this to be a boring series and so far it is as expected. Thank the coaches. It's not exciting hockey, but it can be winning hockey. 

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Kelly Hrudey pointed out that Howwden clipped his pad on the way by, causing him to spin around.

But he didn’t regain control of his body first, he just madly scrambled back for no reason with the puck behind the net

I know you guys don’t get to see much of the Western Conference but I’m so sick of that POS Jamie Benn. Can’t stand the guy. He’s like Tom Wilson just a total douche bag of a hockey player. Plus what’s up with Colin Miller. When he was on Vegas back when he was pretty decent and then goes to Buffalo and it’s like he never played defense before. Goes to Dallas then plays a lot better. WTF Miller and Montour. 

Edited by SabresBillsFan

49 minutes ago, postseasonblues said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but there is no way I'd ever want Dallas or Carolina win anything.

And as someone who wishes artificial disc replacement was an option back in the day, I will always have a different perspective on the Eichel situation.

Agree, especially Dallas since the No goal and Carolina since that 2006 Sabres team would have beaten them if their defense wasn’t depleted.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

How dare they ice a good team in quick order. We know these things take time! To do it the right way anyway!

/snark

Next year, the Sabres will get to poach a player from every other team and also have a draft.  Expansion is now bliss.